Graphic Cards Will a 3080 work with my 750W PSU?

i used HXi corsair psu which shows power intake and stuff - if you just want UPS for indicating such stats then just get one of such PSUs. I'm not well knowledgeable about UPS so can't help there.

I'm stupid. My APC UPS has the feature. It was set to volts but you can cycle thru volts, minutes left, watts etc IMG_20221209_113915.jpg

I
I think it's a 1100 VA

Well, my current system is 588, and my current GPU is 250. The 7900xtx is 350, so that would bring my total to 688. Then, is a 60 watt overhead enough?
I don't know man, on the website it says 800 minimum. Maybe undervolting the gpu will cut it.

I
I don't know man, on the website it says 800 minimum. Maybe undervolting the gpu will cut it.

PCPartpicker says that my current system should be 588, but today with 4k on my sim at ultra settings, it was drawing 300 watts. I'm pretty sure that the 750 PSU can handle a much beefier card. If not, I change it later. What happens if a PSU is over loaded? Does it blow up?

PCPartpicker says that my current system should be 588, but today with 4k on my sim at ultra settings, it was drawing 300 watts. I'm pretty sure that the 750 PSU can handle a much beefier card. If not, I change it later. What happens if a PSU is over loaded? Does it blow up?
No it doesn't blow up but the system crashes and shuts down.

Get a 1000 watt PSU for a 3080 or 3080 ti if you can. Bigger PSU means less heat, more efficiency, less noise and more electricity savings. For example, if your load is 500 watt and your PSU is 1000 watt then the PSU will be working at 50% capacity prolonging its life, saving power, producing less heat, making negligible noise. If 1000 watt is over your budget then pick a 850 watt. A 80 plus gold PSU has the max efficiency at about 50% load. Using a PSU at 50% load will ensure that your PSU will not drop in efficiency after 4 years thus saving power. A PSU is the only component which should be overkill.

Man you are debating over this issue for over 2 weeks now. i have 12400F 2x8gb ram 3070 asus tuf - max power it draws is 380w (although I prefer to undervolt so my temps stay around 60c and max 300w total power draw) so I currently have 750w PSU. your 3080 will easily run. go get your new GPU, you'll be fine

Of topic but is there anyway to find how much watts/electricity my psu is actually consuming?
you will have to buy one of those power monitors where you plug in your psu. that will show to how much power your PC is utilizing. other than that, you can use assumptions based on CPU and GPU power usage in Rivatuner stats.

Back