Android Will a battery change resolve the issues with Poco F1?

xkcd0137

Adept
Hey all, I have a 3 year old Poco F1. Its running Lineage OS 17.1 March build.

I feel the battery has deteriorated a bit. Battery health shows 79% and I still get 5-6 hrs SOT according to Accubattery but I am not able to charge it completely in one go nowadays as I am observing some drop in charging speed - it almost takes 2.5 - 3 hrs or even more to charge the device.

Secondly, maybe 2-3 times the phone has gone dead on me. It would shut down abruptly and then not start unless I boot into recovery or fastboot mode. One time it went into a bootloop but got normal after some time. I think this has to do with the battery itself.

Third, I have started observing some kind of burn-in, though rarely. (aren't lcds not supposed to have burn-ins?)

I don't think there is any solution for the third issue but for the first two, will a battery change solve it for atleast next 2 years?

..or is it time to look for a new device?

PS - and one more thing, anyone know where I can procure internal speakers for F1?? Frequent sanitizing seems to have affected their output.

I had the exact same issue on my poco F1 (almost 3 years old)! 75% battery, having to charge 2 times a day, burn it pinkish yellow spots on screen. I changed my battery and flashed PE plus ROM. I have seen a marginal battery improvement, nothing great. No change in screen. ROM is cool though.

I said keep the phone as it is for a while longer, maybe 1 more year and then look for a new device.

hi bro i had the battery issue with my poco f1 and so i sold it recently, i guess 3 years r enough for a phone like poco, i would suggest you to try a new phone. there are alot of good options.

I changed my battery and flashed PE plus ROM. I have seen a marginal battery improvement, nothing great.
Did you buy the battery online? Can you share the link?

hi bro i had the battery issue with my poco f1 and so i sold it recently, i guess 3 years r enough for a phone like poco, i would suggest you to try a new phone. there are alot of good options.
How much did you sell it for?

The thing is I don't want to spend right now.
Even otherwise will not be able to spend more than ₹15k but can't compromise on performance or oled display either. I have used SD730 in Redmi Note 10 Pro as well but that phone stutters, so I don't think I will be happy with any SD7xx series phone. Can't go with Dimensity too as rom support is iffy.

Only phone with SD8xx processor in this budget seems to be Poco X3 Pro with SD860 but it doesn't have an oled panel.

Even otherwise will not be able to spend more than ₹15k but can't compromise on performance or oled display either. I have used SD730 in Redmi Note 10 Pro as well but that phone stutters, so I don't think I will be happy with any SD7xx series phone. Can't go with Dimensity too as rom support is iffy.

Only phone with SD8xx processor in this budget seems to be Poco X3 Pro with SD860 but it doesn't have an oled panel.
I sold mine in 9k, then added 10k and got LG g8x in flipkart sale. but there r many good options arnd 15k, u can do it too, sale it and add some money, get a new cell and be tension free.

No I got it done from a local guy, 6 months warranty. 1600 rs.

Hmm.. so which phone should I go for?

Poco X3 Pro - ₹17250
Mi 11X - ₹26000

I am leaning towards X3 Pro as its cheaper and has almost everything except an oled panel.
Any other suggestions with good Lineage OS support?

Hmm.. so which phone should I go for?

Poco X3 Pro - ₹17250
Mi 11X - ₹26000

I am leaning towards X3 Pro as its cheaper and has almost everything except an oled panel.
Any other suggestions with good Lineage OS support?
Both phones are very good with performance and feature wise but Personally i would totally go with Mi 11x, but it depends on ur budget too.

Back