Budget 25-30k Will Galaxy A52s 5G bought in India work on US carriers?

Stronk

Adept
Hi all,
Looking to purchase a Galaxy A52s 5G, but will be moving to the States fairly soon. But I need a new phone right now since current one is nearly unusable. My question is, will the model sold in India work properly on GSM-based US carriers with proper 4G support, if not 5G?
The model number I could find is SM-A528B/DS, not sure if this one will be able to work fully with US bands. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
There used to be a few sites that had this info. Today all I found was just one (!)

Better to check with the carriers directly. There are only two GSM carriers in the US, T-mo & AT&T, they want your IMEI to check

USMobile is smaller that also does GSM.

It really depends where in the US you will be based. If it's east coast up to Chicago, Verizon used to be the one to have if you wanted to receive your calls without them going to voicemail. Sprint is cheaper with coverage only in the main east coast and west cities. Don't travel much then Sprint works...
There used to be a few sites that had this info. Today all I found was just one (!)

Better to check with the carriers directly. There are only two GSM carriers in the US, T-mo & AT&T, they want your IMEI to check

It really depends where in the US you will be based. If it's east coast up to Chicago, Verizon used to be the one to have if you wanted to receive your calls without them going to voicemail. Sprint is cheaper with coverage only in the main east coast and west cities. Don't travel much then Sprint works. Otherwise not as widespread as Verizon. Sprint & Verizon don't do GSM. They have their own thing.

West of Chicago AT&T was the one. T-mo has coverage all over the place. Going south that's a different story again.

Last edited:
Solution

It really depends where in the US you will be based. If it's east coast up to Chicago, Verizon used to be the one to have if you wanted to receive your calls without them going to voicemail. Sprint is cheaper with coverage only in the main east coast and west cities. Don't travel much then Sprint works. Otherwise not as widespread as Verizon. Sprint & Verizon don't do GSM. They have their own thing.

West of Chicago AT&T was the one. T-mo has coverage all over the place. Going south that's a different story again.
Thank you so much for the kimovil website! That helps a lot, and this should work for T-Mobile as I was planning to go for a smaller carrier which uses their network.
It should work on GSM networks like AT&T, likely not on Verizon. There are many small GSM carriers as well with cheaper plans.
Ah alright, that's good to know. I also figured that to be the case. I am looking at Mint Mobile since it seems to have good coverage in Chicago area, which I figure is one of the "smaller" GSM carriers with cheaper plans. Two things I will miss the most from India are the super cheap mobile plans and zero-transaction UPI service. Oh well.
Get an iPhone if you want your Indian variant to work flawlessly with the US carriers.
Yup, I'm aware but iPhones are expensive, at least for me. Plus would like to stick to Android for other reasons too

Back