Window A/C giving very slow cooling

Avinash4348

Recruit
May 25, 2022
So basically my home Window A/C is giving really slow cooling. From 30 to 26 takes 1/2 hour to deliver. And the temperature is not going below 26. Is there any fault in my A/C? The local technical said there is no fault. Should I consider replacing it or try getting it repaired from official Godrej service Centre?

calvin1719

Mostly harmless.
Adept
Jun 21, 2020
when was it last cleaned professionally? I'd suggest that foremost. I've found urban company to be pretty good for that.

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Oct 11, 2019
New Delhi
So basically my home Window A/C is giving really slow cooling. From 30 to 26 takes 1/2 hour to deliver. And the temperature is not going below 26. Is there any fault in my A/C? The local technical said there is no fault. Should I consider replacing it or try getting it repaired from official Godrej service Centre?
By slow do you mean the fan is not working as far as it should hence leading to it being stuck at lowest speed and colling going down.

Other reason could be your ac might be leaking gas gradually.

I am no professional but when this happened with our ac, both of these were reasons on two occasions.

kartikoli

Skilled
Feb 6, 2010
Lucknow
I am facing a same issue (even worse) my 2T Voltas AC is around 12 yrs old and when i asked a technician he told that there is no problem and he only needed to replace the front panel. He checked the gas and did a proper cleaning but nothing worked. Should I contact someone else or maybe people from Voltas itself?

montsa007

Adept
Sep 28, 2011
Get it cleaned + checked from Urban Company once, alternatively you can have a local technician look at it, go for wet service as dry service is useless.
Most of the times its just accumulated dust around the compressor that chokes up the cooling speed, specially for old models. Add to that the monsoon season, which adds more load as the dust is now all wet and works like a magnet.
I'm not aware about gas issues as mine is just over 2 years old, the urban company guys should check that too.

Reactions: Avinash4348