Windows Windows 10 free upgrade

wats the size of windows 10 downloaded folder ?
mine reserved forcefully by a script.......
$Windows.~BT hidden folder in c:
size 5.21gb n on disk size 3.67gb
help me...

Last edited:
It asks for key , I tried it yesterday only . Waiting for official upgrade , facing some sort of error which I cant figure out as of now .
no it dosent.
dont boot from the iso!
mount the iso in Windows and run setup.
Thats it.
After upgrade extract the key using keyfinder and then do a clean install because upgrade leaves a lot files behind.

no it dosent.
dont boot from the iso!
mount the iso in Windows and run setup.
Thats it.
After upgrade extract the key using keyfinder and then do a clean install because upgrade leaves a lot files behind.
I did it using the windows 8.1 own mount feature but it went ahead to ask me for key , after trying the Windows Update method which BTW failed a lot of times and for what reason god only knows , anyway finally again downloaded the whole thing this time from mediacreator and then "update this machine" and it worked . Dont know why but even when I had the ISO downloaded from the same tool didnt work. But anyhow 10 seems promissing , a lot of the UI elements is insipred from linux though :p .

I did it using the windows 8.1 own mount feature but it went ahead to ask me for key , after trying the Windows Update method which BTW failed a lot of times and for what reason god only knows , anyway finally again downloaded the whole thing this time from mediacreator and then "update this machine" and it worked . Dont know why but even when I had the ISO downloaded from the same tool didnt work. But anyhow 10 seems promissing , a lot of the UI elements is insipred from linux though :p .
the upgrade preserves your entire old windows folder which is around ~17GB and the downloaded files that is around ~6GB.The folders are hidden.
You can delete that.better still do a clean install.

the upgrade preserves your entire old windows folder which is around ~17GB and the downloaded files that is around ~6GB.The folders are hidden.
Yeah i have seen and have deleted. Just did this to ensure that I dont need an extra key. Now do I have to backup activation like previous Windows? Or anyway to know which key I got?

Yeah i have seen and have deleted. Just did this to ensure that I dont need an extra key. Now do I have to backup activation like previous Windows? Or anyway to know which key I got?
download keyfinder and run it.It will show your Windows 10 product key.That key is different from your Windows 8.1 key.
Note it down.This is your ORIGINAL Windows 10 product key.
Microsoft has already associated your Computer to your Product key.
Next time when you reinstall Windows and it asks for key,give this key and install.
Windows will get automatically activated as soon as you connect to the internet.

if you upgrade , you get a generic key ( ends with 3V66T ) it seems . Next time you clean install , you can skip the Key page while installing . Since Microsoft have associated that your computer ( idk how they identify ) with your Windows 10 upgrade , the windows will automatically activate after installation (internet required ofcourse).

if you upgrade , you get a generic key ( ends with 3V66T ) it seems . Next time you clean install , you can skip the Key page while installing . Since Microsoft have associated that your computer ( idk how they identify ) with your Windows 10 upgrade , the windows will automatically activate after installation (internet required ofcourse).
I got a different key!
And I just found out Windows created a 450mb hidden partition called OEM on my harddrive.Maybe they store the key on this partition

What's the exact path of these folders that we should delete after upgrade?

Guys, say if I run setup.exe from the iso created using mediacreator tool and install Windows 10, will it still asks for product key. My PC is still on Windows 8.1 but I did reserved Windows 10.
Also anyone upgraded to windows 10 from bootcamped Windows 8.1? Just want to make sure if every thing works after the upgrade with the current boot camp drivers,

Guys, say if I run setup.exe from the iso created using mediacreator tool and install Windows 10, will it still asks for product key. My PC is still on Windows 8.1 but I did reserved Windows 10.
Also anyone upgraded to windows 10 from bootcamped Windows 8.1? Just want to make sure if every thing works after the upgrade with the current boot camp drivers,
Just updated my bootcamped 8.1 to 10 pro. No issues with activation whatsoever. Bootcamp drivers working fine so far.

using windows 10. Must say it's sexy. I skipped windows 8 last time because of the shit m$ pulled in UI. Anyways, everything is done now, and I think I am gonna stick wid it. let's hope windows 7 doesn't calls me back.

btw my desktop atm. :

cC76SlE.jpg
OU3J0ab.jpg

Back