Windows 11 Leaked

Not only that but literally millions of non-tech people have used windows for their lifetimes. Everyone from low level clerk to C level executives. Forget moving to some smaller little known OS, forget moving from Windows to MacOS. People pull their hairs when some settings/layout changes from generation update in software of the same OS (eg- Excel, Powerpoint). At some point, people just just want things like they are for all their lives. Change? Nope.

Tried out the leaked ISO in a VM a couple of days ago - seems to be a re-skin for the most part. I think it’s an improvement-

I’ll be happy if they manage to just integrate all settings in one panelo_O

R.JPG

I hate Gates uncle.

Last edited:
Same message - But I was able to bypass by signing up for Dev Channel in Insider.

Just finished installing on my daily driver ( I know not recommended but have a snapshot I can go back to easily).

So far so good. Everything seems snappier, no issues with app compatibility or the update itself.

It looks like settings finally getting merged in one panel =)
Used to use taskbarX to center the icons - no need for that anymore.
Audio out of my 5.1 system sounds distinctively better to my ears. Don't know if it's Windows 11 or latest AMD drivers
(Updated from 2018 adrenalin drivers to latest 2021 drivers - Hades Canyon NUC had support dropped for official drivers in early 2020 - and all drivers after 2018 were causing issues in my workflows - had to use hacky method to get latest 2021 drivers to work - it works flawlessly on Win11) . Bonus FSR

All in all, after a couple hours of use quite happy with the upcoming updates to Windows. Finally something exciting.

Might not need to go back to 10 at all based on experience so far

Are there any specific instability issues / bugs in Win11 that'll effect game performance? Also will my data be preserved or will it be a complete wipe if I install it now?

Btw settings are still not merged into single app... the old control panel is still there... just no links to open it from the new settings app.

Are there any specific instability issues / bugs in Win11 that'll effect game performance? Also will my data be preserved or will it be a complete wipe if I install it now?
Only one night of gaming so far but no stability issues and similar performance. It is installed as a Windows update over the Dev channel, so everything is retained. Wouldn't trust any ISOs doing the rounds.

Btw settings are still not merged into single app... the old control panel is still there... just no links to open it from the new settings app.
Yes did see that control panel still exists. However most things can now be done from within standalone settings app. I'm assuming over the course of beta builds it will be removed. One can also finally change IP/DNS settings easily through the GUI.

No issues with my Steam/Epic library of games. Everything just works. All my data/apps were preserved. Having, said that - if you decide to update to 11 - do so with the expectation that something may break.

Yes did see that control panel still exists. However most things can now be done from within standalone settings app. I'm assuming over the course of beta builds it will be removed. One can also finally change IP/DNS settings easily through the GUI.

No issues with my Steam/Epic library of games. Everything just works. All my data/apps were preserved. Having, said that - if you decide to update to 11 - do so with the expectation that something may break.
Most likely won't upgrade as my laptop is my primary work machine. I'll wait for a month to see how the preview develops.

Also by any chance you play Valorant? If yes, how was the performance compared to Win10.

How customizable is the centering of the icons ?
Under TaskbarX , i can customize how the animation works etc.
Still native support to centred icons is much better.. But is there a option to move the start button alone to left ? Years of muscle memory wont like it having that too at centre.
Surely wont be running it as my daily driver , even after it release.
Setting page needs a massive rework imo. Its a total mess and half of the time i dont know where certain setting exist until you go two links deep.
Will try it under VM.
How is the privacy part in W11 ? IS it better or worse ?

How are the themes?
Can we customize the lock screen?
So that the lock screen wallpaper shows on all of your monitors and not just on primary monitor?

Back