Windows 7 hits a new low !!!

its just not practical

after having used win 7 RC for a month i m back to xp and now loving it more than ever

win 7 is nothing more than vista!!

and i m never gonna use it

17hr and 17min is not practical...its just like showing an overclock upto 5GHz which is not usable coz u cant keep a liquid nitrogen cylinder active all the time

MohitPreet said:
its just not practical
after having used win 7 RC for a month i m back to xp and now loving it more than ever

I found it very rare anyone saying such

^ have u urself used win7.

i agree that i use a very low end rig on which i tried win 7.

but i love xp yaar!!

kya nahin hai jo xp mein nahi ho sakta why use a space hogger like win 7.

i mainly use my pc for surfing , chatting , downloading and movies and my tv

so for my persoanl choice on a single core amd platform with 512mb ram . i m doing good enough with xp

IMHO win 7 is overhyped more than anything else

just coz its supporting a hell of things doesnt make it good for me to use it though!!

come wat xp is going to stay

its legendary windows!!!

Windows 7 is much more than crappy Vista dude. Even i am using XP these days but u can't compare Vista to 7.

MohitPreet said:
its just not practical

ENGLISH DUDE ENGLISH!

MohitPreet said:

but i love xp yaar!!

so for my persoanl choice on a single core amd platform with 512mb ram . i m doing good enough with xp

just coz its supporting a hell of things doesnt make it good for me to use it though!!

its legendary windows!!!

True.

ionicsachin said:
17hr and 17min is not practical...its just like showing an overclock upto 5GHz which is not usable coz u cant keep a liquid nitrogen cylinder active all the time

I found it very rare anyone saying such

MohitPreet said:

but i love xp yaar!!

its legendary windows!!!

Depends on people to people. Let me tell u my story.

I was using Windows XP ever since it was released. I loved the OS. Last year i upgraded my PC with some really good hardwares like aBit IP35-Pro mobo, EVGA 9600GT KO, Corsair 450VX and similar. I installed Windows XP and was using it as my primary OS. Now everybody was talking about Vista, so i thought i will just "TRY" it. I installed it on a very small partition of 25GB. But slowly i began liking it more and more. I thought XP wud be my primary OS all the time but i was moving on to Vista. Finally a day came when i totally removed XP.

The same thing happened when i moved from Vista to Win 7 RC1, exactly the same thing.

Of all the "surfing , chatting , downloading and movies and my tv" one can even use lower configurations than urs. Definitely it might not be much of a change to you and you might count it overhyped, but people around the world love it. "Overhype" is a term used before release of any particular thing, just like in FarCry 2 and Windows Vista. Right now people are USING it and are satisfied by it, few of them even find it faster than XP. And moreover, hardware is so cheap these days that no one goes for less then 2GB of a RAM and at least a 8600GT. I dont think they wud like WinXP more than Win7. Coz ON A MAINSTREAM OR MID-LOW END MACHINE, i dont think WinXP comes even close to goodness of Win7

Is it true? or its just somethin that ms wants to spread around...
Has anyone tries it on their old rig????
After reading his am really thinking of upgrading to windows 7

dont know wat goodness of win 7 r u talking about

i have a notebook as well with 3 gb of ram came preloaded with vista

using this for 1 year never liked it

i love the os- xp

rightly said depends on people to people

and i like winxp !!

win vista win 7 all d same

both suck!!

MohitPreet said:
dont know wat goodness of win 7 r u talking about

i have a notebook as well with 3 gb of ram came preloaded with vista

using this for 1 year never liked it

i love the os- xp

rightly said depends on people to people

and i like winxp !!

win vista win 7 all d same

both suck!!

yeah rightly said....depends on people to people

I like Win7

win vista and win XP are so much "out of fashion and obsolate"

both suck!!

About the goodness....search "Win XP vs Win Vista vs Win 7" in google...

ionicsachin said:
About the goodness....search "Win XP vs Win Vista vs Win 7" in google...

i dont care wat google says abt its goodness :p

win 7 is for geeks like u and all here :p

a noob like me is happy using old fashioned xp

i like win xp- final words:tongue:

Win XP=====Can Hack/Mod anything.

Vista is not exactly tht bad but its harware requirements are impractical......Come on which public/corporate office will install a gpu so tht their employers can experience full glory of vista.:eek:hyeah:

But there are pretty seriously useul features in vista tht has been copied blatantly frm OS X and linux.

Windows 7........if it cant run on a 1gb ram decently it will be crap as vista......no matter how good. only trick MS can play is DX 11.

And seriously I wont pay 15k for Vista/Win 7 etc. 500max:eek:hyeah:

MohitPreet said:

but i love xp yaar!!

its legendary windows!!!

Kinda true

ionicsachin said:
Depends on people to people. Let me tell u my story.

I was using Windows XP ever since it was released. I loved the OS. Last year i upgraded my PC with some really good hardwares like aBit IP35-Pro mobo, EVGA 9600GT KO, Corsair 450VX and similar. I installed Windows XP and was using it as my primary OS. Now everybody was talking about Vista, so i thought i will just "TRY" it. I installed it on a very small partition of 25GB. But slowly i began liking it more and more. I thought XP wud be my primary OS all the time but i was moving on to Vista. Finally a day came when i totally removed XP.

The same thing happened when i moved from Vista to Win 7 RC1, exactly the same thing.

Of all the "surfing , chatting , downloading and movies and my tv" one can even use lower configurations than urs. Definitely it might not be much of a change to you and you might count it overhyped, but people around the world love it. "Overhype" is a term used before release of any particular thing, just like in FarCry 2 and Windows Vista. Right now people are USING it and are satisfied by it, few of them even find it faster than XP. And moreover, hardware is so cheap these days that no one goes for less then 2GB of a RAM and at least a 8600GT. I dont think they wud like WinXP more than Win7. Coz ON A MAINSTREAM OR MID-LOW END MACHINE, i dont think WinXP comes even close to goodness of Win7

Very true - Depends on people to people.. Proven by you two people.

i believe its a matter of taste, appropriateness, and suitability..

Moreover when i consider Windows ME ==> Windows XP ==> Windows 7.. It seems Right. A "just released OS" does hog more resources, has little compatibility and a few bugs/useless things.. But GIVE IT TIME i would say..

[

When i moved from Windows 98 to Windows ME, it was Heaven!!! Great Driver support, USB plug n play, New MS Office, everything seemed great.

Then came XP.. I tried it, but due to low system config of those times, it was a huge resource hog for me.. a very slow system with sad compatibility of previous OS games..

but later, after hardware prices came down, i got a new system and then ran XP (this happened when XP was about 1.5yrs old) when service pack 1 also released.. Then i started to appreciate it a bit, although ME was equally good for me.. Time went by and XP kept improving endlessly, and finally it was my favorite.. it still is. (i suppose mohit is at this stage too)

Then Vista's exceptional resource hogging, some very annoying glitches, made me Hate vista.. It improved on a rather slow pace for me and before i could think about trying vista again, Win 7 landed....

But now i think, Till Win7 has got Enough to offer me over Xp, i wont move.. Will try surely after a service pack is released but i cant guarantee appreciation before its really improved... but 1 thing i must say: Like Xp after ME, Windows 7 seems to have the Potential to become the next best OS, and i guess it will......Just give it some time.....

:)

]

* hugs xp running at home and office computers :) *

sato1986 said:
(i suppose mohit is at this stage too)

arre bhai i have the required hardare to run win 7.
been using win 7 on my insipron notebook with a c2d proccy and 3 gb ram
but still i like win xp!!

just love the plain simplicity and great working interface of winxp

Thats cool.I hope Win7 will run on my Pentium D based system unlike Vista :)

Which Pentium D system doesnt run Vista?? Just curious to know what's your PC config.

My Pentium D 2.8Ghz with 2GB RAM runs XP, Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu, and whatever else I throw at it. Never really considered it as outdated (except for gaming of course).

hi !

boot time 17 minutes ?

not mine, that was someone else.

i have not timed it exactly, but to my BIG surprise "DINO" boots in about 3 minutes...

Its good that Win7 can be installed on low end rigs, just shows that it has been coded efficiently, usability may not be efficient enough since the hardware may cause issues to utilise the 2009 OS.

But look at it this way a OS that can handle old machines will surely give good performance on our rigs.

Moreover, with features such as DirectX , which is essential for gamers and multimedia applications, are released and integrated with the os first.

Now about Win 7, I have not used it, but would surely do, once I get my PC setup done properly. Moreover everyone likes a change either to the interface or usability..

Back