Windows 7 Professional for 19$ for Students!!

Hi Guys,

I received this mail from ACM guys today.. apparently they need me to authorize as a genuine student indeed.. here it goes..

Dear Jay,

As part of our student offerings, we created the Student Academic Initiative (SAI) whereby we offer Student Members access to software that is made available through selected vendors. Currently, Microsoft, Sun, and CA make software available to Student Members.

It is important for ACM to verify that the individuals taking advantage of the ACM Student Academic Initiative are indeed students. Therefore, we are asking you to provide us with the information below by Friday, Sept. 25th.

* The Name of Your Faculty Advisor

* Your Student Identification Number

Log in at https://www.myACM.org with your ACM Web Account username and password and follow the link "My Student Profile" to provide us with this information.

Once we have verified this information, we will send you an email with your login credentials for the ACM Student Academic Initiative (SAI) in approximately 1 week.

Thank you for your help in this matter!

Lillian Israel

Director of Membership

Association for Computing Machinery

========================================

I haven't even downloaded a single software yet.. i think they have pulled a cat amongst the pigeons.. they have come to realize that the number of registration since two weeks have raised to astounding levels.. this would have prompted them to take necessary action on the legality of one being a real student or not.. Although, I wonder how can they verify and validate each one of the accounts when people can get the info generated outright without much fuzz..

I have submitted my details already, will wait for their approval..

PS: My MSDNAA account is blocked from downloading the goodies, I think if they somehow find the details presented by people are illegal or false, they will discontinue the membership and the likes will stand to loose out 19$ they have spent on the membership.

Then whats in store for the likes who are smart enough to download all the stuff they would want to have? Any guesses? I think all there keys will be blacklisted for use henceforth.. :)

cheers,

Jay

They are asking for everybody, even they asked me, but not blocked the MSDN access, I am able to download the softwares. I have provided the info around 1 week back, but no update and still MSDN is active. Lets hope all positive.

My brother got a key to windows xp sp3...does he need a fresh install cause the when he tried changing the key it says key is invalid...

adityamunshi said:
Will the RC licenses only be valid upto October 21 2009 ?

As per MSDNAA on Win 7 Ultimate RC :

The RC will expire on June 1, 2010. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours. Windows will notify you two weeks before the bi-hourly shutdowns start.

vajm1234 said:
if i order anything now than the validity will be from today?? or the day i activate for the 1st time?

There's no validity as such, the licenses are perpetual.. but under the EULA you are expected to not use it for commercial purposes, i.e. only as long as you're a student.

Is this still working?

Iam a real Engg. Student and i want a genuine Win 7. Can i get it now for $19?

I read in previous posts that Win 7 has been removed from the download. Is it true?

Back