Windows 7 RC Build 7100 LEAKED

whatsinaname said:
Is the rumoured Windows XP virtualisation in this build?
The rumour seems to be true.

XP Mode will bring a Virtual PC-based environment, as well as a fully licensed version of Windows XP SP3, free for all owners of Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions. This is good from a commercial point of view. Earlier, Microsoft could happily say that Windows 7 was just as compatible with software as Windows Vista, but now they can add 100% compatibility with Windows XP, too. So, for you IE6 users, you're in luck. Do not expect this to run like a proper Virtual PC; that being, a separate operating system running within a window. XP Mode will integrate itself with the Windows 7 desktop, and so the older software will run just like a normal Windows 7 application. Essentially, this is two operating systems running under an updated desktop.

More here: 'Windows XP Mode' revealed for Windows 7

That will make old hardware also work with it then bcoz the driver will now be able to install on, I tested my old creative card for which Vista drivers were never released by creative & Windows 7 updated &found its driver too, only thing is that I need the Creative sound control to be installed on windows 7 so I can get the best sound too.

Excellent OS. Very fast and stable. Runs my oldr applications with used to run in vista only n Cmpatibility mode ( Autodesk Max 9 ) without a hitch. Also managed to dual boot with my hackintosh without a problem. All of my devices were recognised immediately & everthing worked OOB. the Built in DivX codec along with others is excellent . The only codec it needed was Quicktime alternative.

For a RC id give it 9/10 .

Well done Microsoft

Dude, all that said.... Could I know how stable is the new version,....

Actually I always wanted to shift to a 64 bit OS, to take full advantage of my 4 GB Ram....here....

Morever, I would also like to ask...whether these version has good support to the PC Games,, bcoz I like to play them a lot.....

Then about driver, whether the driver to general hardware such as Motherboard, Graphics card is available by now,....

Thankyou....

Using x64 build 7000 & its rock solid & very stable as of BETA, all hardware drivers are self detected on installing & rest if any are left are downloaded from the update site, this is the 1st version of Microsoft windows with such vast hardware support.

^^ Yes. same with me, its been 24 hours and using this build 7100 :D

gaming is mind blowing :O getting 25FPS in crysis warhead 64-bit version of game - Enthusiast settings 1680x1050 2xAA

speed is amazing :O (Beta was a lot slow)

Stablility is awesome! not even a single crash :O

every program works :p

feels like everything is working fast and my brais is slow :p

guys this is slightly OT, but is this OS worth an upgrade from my trusty Win XP 64 bit. pls not I havent bothered with Vista thus far, so should i go ahead and get this??

Jasku said:
guys this is slightly OT, but is this OS worth an upgrade from my trusty Win XP 64 bit. pls not I havent bothered with Vista thus far, so should i go ahead and get this??

Yes. its worth upgrading from Win XP 64 bit. every new feature counts...

Vista is just plain shit of DX10 and looks so Windows 7 proved it all :clap:

clown_abhi said:
If 7100 is the confirmed RC, then what is 7106??? :S
Thats a separate branch of RC build experimenting with the developed code, its feature may or may not be included in the final RTM build.

Better to use 7100

For what I have gathered and learnt, MS had reserved the build number 7100 for RC. Infact, as per some websites, build 7100 > 710x. It is assumed that build 7100 was infact build 7106 which was re-numbered and released as 7100 i. e. the RC build.

Back