Windows 8 - Feedback thread

soumalidon can you tell me what issues you face while upgarding from windows 7 to windows 8.I am also thinking to upgrade in 2 days

well for some reason when I tried to upgrade to win 8 (keeping all my programs etc from win 7) it was able to install win 8 but after installation it gave an error saying that there was some problem and windows will now revert to the previous version. There was no specific reason mentioned as to why the upgrade failed. When you run the upgrade assistant, it will force you to remove apps which are not compatible with win 8 so I really don't know why the upgrade failed. I never had any issues after doing a clean install though

Guys is there any difference between the RTM version which was released in August and this version which was launched a few days back in October end?

well for some reason when I tried to upgrade to win 8 (keeping all my programs etc from win 7) it was able to install win 8 but after installation it gave an error saying that there was some problem and windows will now revert to the previous version. There was no specific reason mentioned as to why the upgrade failed. When you run the upgrade assistant, it will force you to remove apps which are not compatible with win 8 so I really don't know why the upgrade failed. I never had any issues after doing a clean install though

When i ran the upgrade assistant yesterday, it shows that my Kaspersky internet security is not compatible with windows 8 :23:

When i ran the upgrade assistant yesterday, it shows that my Kaspersky internet security is not compatible with windows 8 :23:

ya even I had that issue with Kaspersky Pure. However I downloaded Kaspersky Pure 2.0 from their site, used the same key and it works. You can do the same, they have released internet security 2013 which will have win 8 support

ya even I had that issue with Kaspersky Pure. However I downloaded Kaspersky Pure 2.0 from their site, used the same key and it works. You can do the same, they have released internet security 2013 which will have win 8 support

Well I have also lost my kaspersky av while upgrade, while internet security 2013 does work flawlessly but my anti virus was bubdled with my mobo cd, so that license is now redundant it seems. Now since you have mentioned this does anyone know how to retrieve my license key from the mobo cd?

whoever having Synaptic Touch pad on their Laptops update this to this version of driver 16.2.10.12

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad Driver 16.2.10.12 for Windows 8 x64 Driver for Windows 8 x64 Free Download - Softpedia

its downloads as .cab file ..Dont worry Just unrar all files using winrar.

1.First uninstall you existing Synaptic Software from your pc from Programs and Features (if you manually installed after installing windows 8 after fresh install or if you upgraded from previous versions?.
- When you move you mouse to Left Bottom Corner and then Use right click on mouse,you will see menu ,in that select Programes and Featues and uninstall synaptic software

2. Then Restart
3. Then Using file explorer Go to your download location of above file and install the software by clicking Setup.exe
4. It asks for a restart.. Go ahead and restart
5. Then you can check the swipe charms. 90% time Right swipe charm works (its working for me) - When you swipe to left from right edge of touch pad your right charm menu open
6. You can use pinch to zoom,three finger selection,etc
7. You can change the setting of the Mouse by going to Control Panel > Mouse > Synaptic Device
8. If you able to see check having Enable Swipe Gestures ,then you might be able to perform all swipe gesture (right and left)
But i was unable to see it ,i was only able to use Right swipe

there are many gestures you can see demo of them there and use it

Hope Newly yet to be released Synaptic Gesture suite 12.3 will give this gestures to older laptops too
http://www.synaptics.com/solutions/technology/touchpad

I was able to perform right swipe very well. No other swipes are working for me

its a generic driver.. you can use it any synaptic touch pad on any laptop .

I was using on my dell laptop,same driver was uploaded by Hp usa site for HP laptops
Disclaimer : Use it own risk. I am not responsible for whatever happen to your laptop or touch pad

Seems like I have to ask again: Guys is there any difference between the RTM version which was released in August and this version which was launched a few days back in October end?
I mean when it comes to features.

Seems like I have to ask again: Guys is there any difference between the RTM version which was released in August and this version which was launched a few days back in October end?
I mean when it comes to features.
I haven't seen any difference between the RTM and Upgrade version both are based on build 9200, and have the same features.

I haven't seen any difference between the RTM and Upgrade version both are based on build 9200, and have the same features.
Seriously if that is the case then why are they like two different names, I mean surely there must be something. If not the features then something else?

I used few days the RTM after using the earlier release candidate for couple of months. RTM is really polished and comes with lots of Apps.Facebook, twitter really integrates well.. I don't think their will much difference in the released version and RTM. No clue about xbox gaming thing though

now i am srsly irritated. I have been trying to use the method no 2 which is listed below. But i get error at 98% in win7 usb/dvd tool that we cant copy your files to usb. Plz use different iso. sam9953 and others plz help me out here as i have to make a partition to dual boot my lap with win7 and win 8 but i am stuck at this point.
Partition / Extended : Logical Drives - Windows 7 Forums

Sorry didn't understand what is the error you are facing, the link is for creating a new partition.
The error you are getting is while copying the windows.iso into the USB drive with the Win7 tool right? I have used a 8 GB usb drive and have successfully copied it into the usb drive using the same tool. What i sthe size of your usb drive?

Sorry didn't understand what is the error you are facing, the link is for creating a new partition.
The error you are getting is while copying the windows.iso into the USB drive with the Win7 tool right? I have used a 8 GB usb drive and have successfully copied it into the usb drive using the same tool. What i sthe size of your usb drive?

Yes to create a new partition i have to use bootable usb in which iso file of partition wizard tool should be there. the size of that iso is ~50mb. Now to make bootable usb of tht image i am using win7 usb/dvd tool. It starts the process but stucks at 98%.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 161
If you are on win 7 you don't require partition wizard tool, you can create a new partition using the default win 7 disk management mmc(I did the same).

Go to Start > Run and open "diskmgmt.msc"
Once the Disk Management console opens, right click the existing partition you want to divide and select the "Shrink Volume" option.
It will pop up a dialogue box asking for the amount of space to shrink, give the required value and click on shrink. This will shrink the existing partition and the existing disk space will be shown as free. You can now create a logical partition from that newly create free space.

If you are on win 7 you don't require partition wizard tool, you can create a new partition using the default win 7 disk management mmc(I did the same).

Go to Start > Run and open "diskmgmt.msc"
Once the Disk Management console opens, right click the existing partition you want to divide and select the "Shrink Volume" option.
It will pop up a dialogue box asking for the amount of space to shrink, give the required value and click on shrink. This will shrink the existing partition and the existing disk space will be shown as free. You can now create a logical partition from that newly create free space.

My laptop has already 4 partitions. I can shrink the c drive but wen i try to make it a new simple volume i get error. (since no of partitions cant be more than 4)

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 165
whoever having Synaptic Touch pad on their Laptops update this to this version of driver 16.2.10.12

Synaptics SMBus TouchPad Driver 16.2.10.12 for Windows 8 x64 Driver for Windows 8 x64 Free Download - Softpedia

its downloads as .cab file ..Dont worry Just unrar all files using winrar.

1.First uninstall you existing Synaptic Software from your pc from Programs and Features (if you manually installed after installing windows 8 after fresh install or if you upgraded from previous versions?.
- When you move you mouse to Left Bottom Corner and then Use right click on mouse,you will see menu ,in that select Programes and Featues and uninstall synaptic software

2. Then Restart
3. Then Using file explorer Go to your download location of above file and install the software by clicking Setup.exe
4. It asks for a restart.. Go ahead and restart
5. Then you can check the swipe charms. 90% time Right swipe charm works (its working for me) - When you swipe to left from right edge of touch pad your right charm menu open
6. You can use pinch to zoom,three finger selection,etc
7. You can change the setting of the Mouse by going to Control Panel > Mouse > Synaptic Device
8. If you able to see check having Enable Swipe Gestures ,then you might be able to perform all swipe gesture (right and left)
But i was unable to see it ,i was only able to use Right swipe

there are many gestures you can see demo of them there and use it

Hope Newly yet to be released Synaptic Gesture suite 12.3 will give this gestures to older laptops too
Synaptics Gesture Suite? for TouchPads | Synaptics

I was able to perform right swipe very well. No other swipes are working for me

its a generic driver.. you can use it any synaptic touch pad on any laptop .

I was using on my dell laptop,same driver was uploaded by Hp usa site for HP laptops
Disclaimer : Use it own risk. I am not responsible for whatever happen to your laptop or touch pad
I used the 32 bit version installer from the synaptics website and its working all good. No issues.

BTW try the "startisback" guys. Its the best windows start button replacement you can find. The guys knows the MS shit and he "restored" the button from MS APIs than developing some gimmick.

My laptop has already 4 partitions. I can shrink the c drive but wen i try to make it a new simple volume i get error. (since no of partitions cant be more than 4)
The max number of primary partitions are 4, but you should have been able to make logical partitions. You can either try freeing up one of your 4 existing partitions and install win 8 on it.

Try some other software to create bootable USB drive from ISO, the Windows one may not be friendly with non Windows ISO's , Here is one which I have used sometime back UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads .

- - - Updated - - -

[h=1]Microsoft closes Windows 8 upgrade offer loophole[/h]http://asia.cnet.com/microsoft-closes-windows-8-upgrade-offer-loophole-62219290.htm

So those who bought already to make it to the 4 million mark of ms w8 sales are let off? As the loophole is NOW patched? Sounds still beneficial for guys who already did the trick. .. phew lol heheheh anyways thanks much for the update

Back