Windows 8 - Feedback thread

1. Paid by credit card
2. You get a proper product key to use for a clean install.
3. Since you have the product key u can install it on PC ( I guess it only for 1)
4. It is not locked to any PC till u install it
5. It gives u an option to save the ISO as well au get an option to prepare a USB drive for installation
6. Yes u can have dual boot ( have not tired ) but since u can do a clean boot it would be fairly simple to install windows 7 alongside

Well that is all what I wanted to hear. Might just give it a try now. Btw did you experience any problems? I mean uptill now? Any issues.

Like I said, Paul Thurrott has an article up on Winsupersite.com. Confirmed - you can do a fresh install on a different partition or even PC, exactly how Lifzgood says.

Ok, now I don't have a credit card and it seems I have no way to pay. I do all my payments using my debit card / online banking. I do have a PayPal account but it seems in India you can't "Add Funds", only receive them. I'm going to give the toll free number a call. Still no sign of any boxed upgrades at any store or the likes of Flipkart etc.

Well that is all what I wanted to hear. Might just give it a try now. Btw did you experience any problems? I mean uptill now? Any issues.

The download for the iso really took a lot of time.. It took 6-7 hrs on a 4 mbps connection and another 2-3hrs for installation .. I guess i was upgrading rather than a clean install so may be that's why.. Else the OS looks neat and no glitches and i tell u that I have not installed a single driver and i guess i dont have to..

Also try checking for apps in the store .. if u dont find what ur looking for then you can download it.

Guys I am back on the Windows 8 after so much of turmoil. Thought of giving the new look another chance. And I guess its good to use the genuine stuff than the pirated Win 7, after I've paid for the licence keys.

The thing is I liked the stardock thing. Only if I could get an alternative for free, I'd be more than happy to use this new OS as my primary.

What are you guys doing to get back that Start button/menu ?

Guys I am back on the Windows 8 after so much of turmoil. Thought of giving the new look another chance. And I guess its good to use the genuine stuff than the pirated Win 7, after I've paid for the licence keys.

The thing is I liked the stardock thing. Only if I could get an alternative for free, I'd be more than happy to use this new OS as my primary.

How to make Windows 8 look like Windows 7 | Reviews | CNET UK
Use Ninite to give Windows 8 a classic Start menu | PCWorld

don't bash me for being a noob :bleh:.
I just bought a key for win 8 and i am downloading the iso file. Would be clean installing win8. But i need to confirm that i have backed up data from c drive to d drive. So during the install process c will be wiped out, but nothing would happend to my d drive. Right ??

Okay guys, now I had bought a laptop which gave me an OEM key for win 7 and now I want to use both win 7 and 8 as well using this 699 thing but I have been told by 4 people that once I use the win 8 upgrade of 699 my current win 7 OEM will get disabled and I will be able to use only the new win 8 serial key that I will get. Is this true?

Okay guys, now I had bought a laptop which gave me an OEM key for win 7 and now I want to use both win 7 and 8 as well using this 699 thing but I have been told by 4 people that once I use the win 8 upgrade of 699 my current win 7 OEM will get disabled and I will be able to use only the new win 8 serial key that I will get. Is this true?
Follow the steps in Clean Install Windows 8 With Upgrade Media, create the installation media (don't select Install Now) and then install Windows 8 separately as dual boot, this should keep the windows 7 installation intact.

I am planning to do the same, but next week, currently having some issue with my net connection.

Follow the steps in Clean Install Windows 8 With Upgrade Media, create the installation media (don't select Install Now) and then install Windows 8 separately as dual boot, this should keep the windows 7 installation intact.

I am planning to do the same, but next week, currently having some issue with my net connection.

My friend this is just what i had in mind as well but have a look at my previous post. People say that the current serial gets deactivated or disabled once this upgrade offer is used.

don't bash me for being a noob :bleh:.
I just bought a key for win 8 and i am downloading the iso file. Would be clean installing win8. But i need to confirm that i have backed up data from c drive to d drive. So during the install process c will be wiped out, but nothing would happend to my d drive. Right ??
Go ahead, nothing will happen to D Drive. Choose properly when you choose the drive while installation.

Go ahead, nothing will happen to D Drive. Choose properly when you choose the drive while installation.

Thnks. but now i am thinking of dual booting my lap with win 7 and 8. for that i had to make a new partition. I shrinked the c drive and i hv now 70gb unallocated space. But the problem is that i can not make a new simple volume. It throws error that no more partitions can be made on the drive. wt should i do ?

EDIT : Following this method http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/146694-partition-extended-logical-drives.html
But the thing is when i punch in list disk. I get only 1024 kb free space whereas i have around 100 gb free in C drive.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 158

i am using https://www.pokki.com/. try it, its pretty decent.

Nope as I read that your previous win 7 OEM key still remains as it is.

Thnks. but now i am thinking of dual booting my lap with win 7 and 8. for that i had to make a new partition. I shrinked the c drive and i hv now 70gb unallocated space. But the problem is that i can not make a new simple volume. It throws error that no more partitions can be made on the drive. wt should i do ?

EDIT : Following this method Partition / Extended : Logical Drives - Windows 7 Forums
But the thing is when i punch in list disk. I get only 1024 kb free space whereas i have around 100 gb free in C drive.

Don't use the first method, use the second one. I mean the one which involves partiton wizard. I have used it and it works well. one more thing. Once you are successful, don't forget to PM me if you were successful in dual booting. I have been working my ass off to find people who are doing the same thing as I plan to do and they have done it successfully.

Nope as I read that your previous win 7 OEM key still remains as it is.
Can you tell me where you read it? I hope you are correct.

Don't use the first method, use the second one. I mean the one which involves partiton wizard. I have used it and it works well. one more thing. Once you are successful, don't forget to PM me if you were successful in dual booting. I have been working my ass off to find people who are doing the same thing as I plan to do and they have done it successfully.
I am having dual boot with Win 7. Didnt faced any issue, Where you are stuck up?
In fact, first I installed Win 8 -64 bit, then removed it, since there were some drive issue and then I installed 32 bit version and its working fine with Dua boot with Win 7.

Is there any difference between RTM that released on 15th August 2012 and the final product (if they have released new build on 25th Oct)?

I am having dual boot with Win 7. Didnt faced any issue, Where you are stuck up?
In fact, first I installed Win 8 -64 bit, then removed it, since there were some drive issue and then I installed 32 bit version and its working fine with Dua boot with Win 7.

I have not bought the 699 upgrade till now because I don't want to use win 8 without having win 7 in my computer. Tell me one thing, why did you install the 32 bit version when your machine is 64 bit. My machine is 64 bit so which version should I install? Plus from that one iso file do you get the option to choose either of the two versions? Or did you download another 2.6 GB file of 64 bit?

Is there any difference between RTM that released on 15th August 2012 and the final product (if they have released new build on 25th Oct)?

I want to know the very same thing as well.

I have not bought the 699 upgrade till now because I don't want to use win 8 without having win 7 in my computer. Tell me one thing, why did you install the 32 bit version when your machine is 64 bit. My machine is 64 bit so which version should I install? Plus from that one iso file do you get the option to choose either of the two versions? Or did you download another 2.6 GB file of 64 bit?

32 bit or 64 bit is not tied with machines. Its advisable to install 64bit OS if your RAM is more than 2GB. This is what I know. I intalled 32 bit because there was some issue with display drives. My machine is around 3 years old.....
Both versions have to be downloaded differently. If you have 64 bit drivers and RAM more than 2 GB, you can install 64 bit version.

- - - Updated - - -

On another note, Google has released Windows 8 search app:

Get it from here:

http://www.google.com/homepage/windows8/

I read this up on Slickdeals where people mentioned this. Disabling also doesn't make sense also especially since some laptops and PCs have OEM licenses where the same key is for the whole product line so disabling that key would disable it for others too.

Back