Windows media player 11 problems

G@d of w@r

Skilled
It always shows 50%+ CPU usage just after 2-3 mins of usage. have to shut it off from task manager to avoid freezing. it stands on 100% most of the time. any solutions? :mad: im so frustrated. have to use ITUNES :ashamed:

is this issue on Vista or XP .... because on Vista there are 3 unwanted services associated with Windows Media Player [wmp network sharing journal, etc.]....are you talking about Windows Media Center [XPMCE] or Windows Media player?

i am using XP. there are no plugins installed.. but ive added library location where it searches for new files. i think thats not an issue. using SP3 XP and this problem was not there on SP2

Purva said:
has to be XP SP3 issue..it sometimes tends to use more kernel memory

even i experinced a similar problem just hours after installing sp3....but soon there a update after from..which fixed the problem...or may be i got fixed on its own.....not sure...sp3 sucks for now!!!!

Guys i had faced similar problem of wmp 11 which was mainly caused by using codec pack.

If u have installed codec pack first followed by wmp 11, then it is causing problem.

Solution for this first format the drive and then install xp-->wmp 11-->wmp11 updates on ms site(14 update r available)-->codec packs.

Try this way and tell me if there is any problem...

Back