Windows or Android? --- Budget 14-18k

vivekjha0208

Disciple
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 14-18k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Love touchscreens but a great utility of qwerty board. so confused

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: anything good

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: nokia, samsung , htc, motorola

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: both touchsreen and qwerty

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera or greater with Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Windows or Android confused between both of them

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, wifi , edge .. almost all of them

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails ,internet, music player( i really don't want the conventional samsung music player which kills the effects if surround is on and kills the surround if effects are on).

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Noia Lumia 710 , Samsung Omnia W 8350 , Motorola Defy plus

Ethical ?
<

What did your read about Android/WP that you put you in an ethical dilemma ?

Anyways here are the ones in your budget which you can consider:

- Nokia Lumia 710 (Has Nokia offline Maps)

- Samsung Omnia W (Has an AMOLED display)

- HTC One V (If you are fine with its design its a pretty fine piece)

Hope this helps.
<

#[member='cooleagle']

#[member='Jasku']

#[member='letmein']

#[member='vantheman5211']

devil2.gif
ethical dilemma was to attract the experts.. becoz this was the first time i posted my requirement 2 times and no one replied . i don't exactly remeber the threads. so i thought leave it all i'll start my own thread ..
sign07.gif

my apologies
frusty.gif
this was wrong.

the thing that crapped out most was firstly the samsung's music player . for me it suck's i mean you don't allow the user to enjoy 2 kinds of effects at the same time .

second was i read a lot that nokia lumia hangs ..

third many people said that the speed of internet browsing on windows phones was less than androids

fourth the camera . for samsung w it was crisp and clear images whereas for nokia lumia it was more natural colours .

fifth nokia's tune ups with windows mango and samsung hadn't done anything as far as my knowledge goes .

sixth the apps on windows are hell less than android...

i don't know what kind of music player samsung has handed out on windows phone..

and since my knowledge is so less by far i even don't know that if the music player i saw on samsung galaxy s is a standard with all android phone or not ...

my bad :[

Would suggest to try to get a focus and see for yourself the apps, camera. Then sell it off for a bit lower, and get the WP phone if you like the windows platform. Else, goto a nokia gallery and try the Lumia. Otherwise Android is always there for you.

#[member='vivek.krishnan']

any knowledge about the music player .is [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] the music player i saw on samsung galaxy s is a standard with all android phones or its different for different android phones....[/font]

if you are more into apps then get an htc v.

if you only use the very important apps and want a better interface with regular updates then get the nokia 710.you will find it a tad bit faster than most android phones in that budget and a bit easier as well.the only thing it will lack is apps.

#[member='vantheman5211']

#[member='vivek.krishnan']

guys changed my mind now i'm soooo much interested in buying motorola defy +

. you people know any owner or if you could tell me pros and cons of it

Back