Windows or Android? --- Budget 14-18k

vivekjha0208

Disciple
This will help others to make accurate recommendations and you can get a prompt reply.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 14-18k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Love touchscreens but a great utility of qwerty board. so confused

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: anything good

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: nokia, samsung , htc, motorola

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: both touchsreen and qwerty

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 5MP camera or greater with Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Windows or Android confused between both of them

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G, wifi , edge .. almost all of them

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails ,internet, music player( i really don't want the conventional samsung music player which kills the effects if surround is on and kills the surround if effects are on).

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: Noia Lumia 710 , Samsung Omnia W 8350 , Motorola Defy plus

#[member='comp@ddict']

Justify the support for htc one please

#[member='Maya2009']

<
sorry lame question

1. ICS Pre-loaded(unbeatable currently)

2. Apparently super solid build quality(reviews say so, check engadget for instance)

3. Runs smoothly, well optimized.

4. Sense 4 is more refined than ever(I think the next iteration will be nearing perfection)

5. Great battery life, confirmed by GSMArena Battery tests

6. Brewing community dev support(separate forum at xda already)

Priced at 17k

Defy was a good phone with a robust dev support. However defy+ has a very poor dev support, and dont think Motorola would be coming out with an ICS update.

HTC One V or SE Neo V seems to be the best option for phone below 20k.

It's either the Motorola Defy Plus or the HTC One V. Having seen and used both, I'd recommend:

Defy Plus for its ruggedity (waterproof and shockproof) and smooth interface and better battery life. It's also about 2-2.5k cheaper I think.

HTC One V for its super sexy build quality, larger screen, ICS and HD video recording.

I personally lean towards the HTC One V because the Defy+ is officially not going to get ICS. You can't really go wrong with either though.

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]If you are not in a hurry wait for the Xperia U. Should be priced similar to the HTC One V. [/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Has a 3.5" FWVGA screen, Dual core NovaThor processor with Mali 400 GPU which is much better than the now aged single core MSM8255+Adreno 205.[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]The only -ve is that it lacks microSD slot. So you are stuck with 8GB internal memory(5GB user available)[/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Else you can also consider the Sola which should be priced in ~19k-20k range. It has 3.7" WVGA screen and microSD slot and floating touch display![/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Many dual cores will come up in the 15k-20k budget and the One V will then be considered under powered in that price range.[/font]

Why don't you walk into a retail outlet, try the Defy+ and a WP device such as the Omnia W or the Lumia 710 and post back? Build quality wise the Omnia W wins but the Lumia 710 has the super cool Nokia drive app which works without Edge/3G. I think the Omnia can be hacked to run this Nokia app as well but haven't tried it so can't comment on that. Compare both the interfaces and select one. QWERTY input will be missed on both these devices.

#[member='Gannu']

actually m planning to move towards android becoz of th app market and also becoz its incredibly famous .so that's why i'm quiet inclined towards defy .

Considered htc also but i realised that defy strictly sits in my budget and expectations. Although it would be hard to extract money from my dad's pocket for anything other than nokia ..
<

The Android app market is flooded with both good as well as useless apps. There was this app that came out recently which had something to do with shaking the phone (kinetic energy lol) and the battery would charge itself. It saw a million+ downloads within no time! And there was another one that would charge the battery with the display acting as a solar panel! I think the dev. did mention that this is a hoax app. and it was just simulating the results.

There's no much choice other than what already suggested. The One V apart from coming with ICS out of the box has a camera with F2.0 lens ( brighter than even F2.8 lens found on most digital cameras.. but no idea about the sensor though) is attractive but the chin is kind of weird unless you had used those HTC Magic, Hero or Legend before. Look-wise, among the Android, I think Neo V looks best especially the refreshing white which stands out in the crowd ( the low internal memory is the only con I think it has- no idea about the battery life). I believe Defy+ is the lowest performer of the three ( Neo V, One V, Defy +) but ruggedness and water-resistant thingy make it really attractive.

Back