Windows Phone 8 To Support USB Mass Storage

RoBoGhOsT

Perambulating
Skilled
One of the many features that users miss in Windows Phone 7 devices is USB mass storage . The upcoming Windows Phone 8 may add USB mass storage support for simple file management , reports suggest .

98270391.jpg

Microsoft announced that WP8 will support microSD cards , hence this rumor makes quite sense .
The phone is likely to support USB mass storage by allowing access by mounting the microSD card .
A fully mountable card would mean simple drag and drop file transfer like other Android devices and free from hassles of syncing using Zune .

Source

Aah. But the phones will launch by october end and won't even reach India till december end (according to microsoft insider, employee at hyderabad windows phone development team)

Off Topic:

How can you know it's the phony Ravirock? And what's he done exactly?

LOL, dont make @Gannu an uncle, then he will go all berserk and do a Ra.One on you :p

25 profiles! OMG.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

ON TOPIC :

“We introducing removal micro SD support as a core part of the platform and this core micro SD card support spans both the PC and the phone. The scenarios are both valuable to consumers but also to developers and even hardware vendors.
What this enables that’s different than what Windows Phone 7.5 has today is that an end user can add a micro SD card months after they buy the phone expanding their storage and then they can use it to transfer contents between their PC to their phone, from phone to phone, it can be used a distribution vehicle for apps and it supports all of things in a very natural, integrated way in the Metro experience

They realised that locking the SD card to the phone was a very stupid thing to do!

Last edited by a moderator:
While the mobile industry is moving faster than ever, things like these are really amusing. Is this what MS call a new feature and is this supposed to be a highlight of WP8? An
My old SE w810 used to do that , and I'm sure even older phones would've easily done this. It's a old thing, the only thing MS did is to remove it and then re introduce it in the new version of Win-phone.
I'm never an OS which plays dirty tricks like that.

Back