Windows XP 64 bit

bs0409

Disciple
I heard that latest processors like intel core 2 duo and quad core from intel and athlon/phenom processors from intel supports 64 bit OS.
But still most of the people use 32 bit OS to date.
Are there any problems with using 64 bit OS?
Will the software/games that I use on my current 32-bit OS run on 64 bit OS?

if you have popular hardware then it wont be issue.

I'm using 64bit OS's since last 2 years and they work totally fine... maybe better ..

But then I do get support for my 2x2 gig ram.

There's softwares like Eset nod 32 which has 64bit then torrent softs.. I dont know much of difference they make.. But why not use them when its there !

-Raghav

There were driver issues when 64bit was kinda new to users!

Now there isn't much of a problem!

I suggest XP - x86 (32bit)

Vista - x64 (64bit)

7 - x86/x64 both are good.

xp x64 - sp2 - the best. no BSOD - ever- you will have driver problem for webcam - MAYBE - if its an outdated model. otherwise no hassles

Yes you can play 32Bit games and also install 32Bit apps on Win XP 64bit. There is a separate installation folder for 32Bit apps Program Files(x86) however you can install it in any other partition if you want or folder for that matter.

tush said:
Yes you can play 32Bit games and also install 32Bit apps on Win XP 64bit. There is a separate installation folder for 32Bit apps Program Files(x86) however you can install it in any other partition if you want or folder for that matter.

I heard a lots of good word for winxp 64bit as a solid gaming platform; never tried

If you're using popular/new hardware/peripherals, you'll generally have no issues running 64-bit Windows. It's only when you have some weird hardware (I got a fingerprint reader) for which there's no 64-bit driver that you'll be SOL.

Future is 64Bit so if you have money go ahead and invest in a 64bit platform as for Server side people have already started shifting to 64Bit long back.

I am on 64 bit from last 2 yrs

first it was vista x64

then win 7 x64

64 bit is more stable then 32 bit

i was using all the general software and had got 64 bit software and drivers

now driver issue has reasonably sorted out for the 64 bit version

if u have some exotic hardware then thats a different case altogether

now a days most of the hardware stuff has 64 bit support. well in 2-3 years time all might have been shifted on 64bit.

i guess that the next major version of windows will be only 64 bit.

lalitnagda said:
now a days most of the hardware stuff has 64 bit support. well in 2-3 years time all might have been shifted on 64bit.

i guess that the next major version of windows will be only 64 bit.
So what dont try to create unnecessary posts.

bs0409 said:
I heard that latest processors like intel core 2 duo and quad core from intel and athlon/phenom processors from intel supports 64 bit OS.
But still most of the people use 32 bit OS to date.
Are there any problems with using 64 bit OS?
Will the software/games that I use on my current 32-bit OS run on 64 bit OS?

I never knew Intel started making Athlon/Phenom processors.. :rofl:

Back