Wireless ANC earphones with great call quality?

budget 5-8k.
need it for work calls. ANC is a must as it really improves sound quality with ceiling fan on.

ty
anyone?

Last edited:
For wireless, the selection is very limited and the models recommended are years old and unavailable

The best option is a headset with a boom mic as the mic is closer to your mouth and as a result picks up less background noise.

Wired headsets has a larger selection and considering they are boom mics you will be heard much better.

Some wired/wireless headphone options. No boom mics with these so they pick up everything else and your voice.

Earbud options with noise cancelling mics but voice will not be as good as boom mics

Should help you shortlist some candidates and then you can figure out which is better

That's interesting about the software noise canceling.
I ended up buying "Jabra Elite 75t" the renewed ones for 4.8k.
Call quality seems great on phone, haven't tested meet.google.com - it has 4 mics . battery life awesome.
Best: Controls are amazing!! most actions are customizable with the app . 2 buttons on each earphone - changed the left button single press to rewind- perfect for audiobooks. 2 to change anc mode. long press right in vol+ , long press left vol- (can't be changed)

Only con: the design is the go deep into ear variety, which I hate, suffocating and painful. This is fixable by wearing it loose and with the small caps. But on doing so anc becomes meaningless. I am still exploring it. maybe I'll find a more comfortable way to use these, or get used to the feeling. Its not a big deal though. Because otherwise they are very comfortable
Overall I am extremely happy.

Only con: the design is the go deep into ear variety, which I hate, suffocating and painful. This is fixable by wearing it loose and with the small caps. But on doing so anc becomes meaningless. I am still exploring it. maybe I'll find a more comfortable way to use these, or get used to the feeling. Its not a big deal though. Because otherwise they are very comfortable
Try comply foam eartips and then look for a cheaper chinese alternative

Only medium is available. I've found the large works very well on a different set of ear buds. The passive isolation is excellent and it stays in without even knowing its there. Mine are not like these they have a wire connecting and are smaller.

These last a couple of months maybe longer, they have a ear wax blocker which you can keep when it disintegrates and then insert into a cheaper chinese alternative foam.

How is the mic noise cancelling ?

Call quality seems great on phone, haven't tested meet.google.com - it has 4 mics . battery life awesome.
Best: Controls are amazing!! most actions are customizable with the app . 2 buttons on each earphone - changed the left button single press to rewind- perfect for audiobooks. 2 to change anc mode. long press right in vol+ , long press left vol- (can't be changed)

After scouring through hours of youtube videos and internet reviews with call samples and voice recordings I too went with jabra 75t. Although to my ears the recordings from the samsung series sounded amazing - the buds + and the family of anc earbuds they have. Regardless of the model they always shined through in call quality. Please do check them out in case you want to replace. Otherwise I hope your comfort issues are soon resolved and you enjoy your elite 75t experience.

Although to my ears the recordings from the samsung series sounded amazing - the buds + and the family of anc earbuds they have. Regardless of the model they always shined through in call quality.
Can you link to the buds you used and videos of call quality ?

I'm sceptical because i've heard many discussions with people wearing airpods and while they are intelligibile not as clear as i would like. The noise cancelling of ambient sounds tends to muddy the voice quality. In a quiet room they are good but otherwise not so much.

Nothing beats a boom mic for clarity.

Can you link to the buds you used and videos of call quality ?

I'm sceptical because i've heard many discussions with people wearing airpods and while they are intelligibile not as clear as i would like. The noise cancelling of ambient sounds tends to muddy the voice quality. In a quiet room they are good but otherwise not so much.

Nothing beats a boom mic for clarity.
Of course in absolute terms nothing meets a boom mic. or a wired headset with a dedicated microphone.

The conveniences of ANC and walking around while taking the calls is what most consumers look for in my opinion. So I too went with a compromise option with Jabra. Measurement wise, i'm sure it will lack if you consider frequency responses and so on.. but in terms of being able to live with it it's good. seamlessly insta-connects to smartphone and laptop simultaneously. work calls (which is 90% use case) are quite the breeze now. ANC is average.

This is the website with multiple reviews and samples of microphone recordings. https://www.soundguys.com/samsung-galaxy-buds-plus-review-28974/ What sounds good is subjective. Youtube is rife with these kind of comparos, a few people show graphs etc as well.

The conveniences of ANC and walking around while taking the calls is what most consumers look for in my opinion. So I too went with a compromise option with Jabra. Measurement wise, i'm sure it will lack if you consider frequency responses and so on.. but in terms of being able to live with it it's good. seamlessly insta-connects to smartphone and laptop simultaneously. work calls (which is 90% use case) are quite the breeze now. ANC is average.
Yes depends how much value you place on sounding good. If the requirement is 'great call quality' then i don't think this qualifies.
This is the website with multiple reviews and samples of microphone recordings. https://www.soundguys.com/samsung-galaxy-buds-plus-review-28974/ What sounds good is subjective. Youtube is rife with these kind of comparos, a few people show graphs etc as well.
Here is one and it ain't great. Buds were mediocre and buds+ only slightly better. Airpods will be better than this for mic quality and that is not to say airpods are great.

Another that tests in a quiet and noisy environment. The mic is too far away and all this ANC business has to do its thing. You can hear the artifiacting.

I'm not an audio purist btw. Just saying its gets tiring to listen to someone for a long time with this quality. I really hate that echo.

Sure its subjective but there has to be better out there.

Last edited:

How was the renewed wear and tear, was it open box or used item?

How was the renewed wear and tear, was it open box or used item?
It feels brand new. Came in a box, taped shut. I also registered for 2 year warranty! which the site says has been enabled. But I am not sure what would really happen :

Thanks for the tip about alt tips. will check em out, but damn they are expensive..
Haven't checked mic noise cancelling. While calls people couldn't differentiate between phone mic and earphone mic. So mic quality is great. Will try to anaylze it.

Personally I love how it sounds. But I don't have the ear for intricacies of these things. I am okay with most headphones

Personally I love how it sounds. But I don't have the ear for intricacies of these things. I am okay with most headphones
Maybe i have misunderstood you. When you said great call quality i thought you wanted to sound good to the other party.

In other words how good do you sound to others.

This is late.
But I hate em.
- mic noise isolation is zero most of the times. Not sure why
- not 100% compatible with windows! Some problem as windows switches between headphone profiles
- I hate the design and don't understand how can people like these. When they are fully in ear, its so damn uncomfortable. One can hear own footsteps as loud thuds in your head while walking!!

This is late.
But I hate em.
- mic noise isolation is zero most of the times. Not sure why
They're better than my galaxy buds pro according to this test. Scroll to noise handling section and play the samples

Check if you have the latest firmware on them.
- not 100% compatible with windows! Some problem as windows switches between headphone profiles
This is a problem with all wireless and windows. There is a way to force it to use the headset profile instead of headphone which loses the mic. It involves removing the headphone option (!) So now it can't switch..
- I hate the design and don't understand how can people like these. When they are fully in ear, its so damn uncomfortable.
where is it uncomfortable ? the part inside your ear or around it.

Inside can be fixed with foam tips. You can get generics which are cheaper.

One can hear own footsteps as loud thuds in your head while walking!!
It means your isolation is good.

I am also searching for a comfy headset for my work requirements.

Currently I use low cost foam pad based logitech headset (INR 650) with boom mic and 3.5 jack coupled with Asus AI Noise Canceling Adapter and the results are fabulous.

But the only problem I face is ear pain as the foam is not thick enough.

Have been searching for a good wireless option preferably with boom mic.

Don't intent to spend on Jabra and Plantronics as I work remotely from a small town and it'll be difficult to claim warranty.

Any suggestions on Wireless Headsets with Boom Mic?

Don't intent to spend on Jabra and Plantronics as I work remotely from a small town and it'll be difficult to claim warranty.
Claiming warranty in a small town is no different to a metro if the servce centre happens to be located in another city.

Either has to courier it to the service centre.

Back