Wish to buy a hair clipper new

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
Considering the lock down and all, I am looking to cut my own hair as well as of my son.
Can anyone suggest a good clipper for the purpose
Need something that has a broad range of cutting hair unlike most which range from 0.5mm to 10mm,
I want something around 20mm or more
Should be able to work on battery or while plugged..
Must be good quality
The ones available like Panasonic er307
Philips mg3730 {after searching a lot i could zero in on only these two}
Are alright but have major flaws like charging time of 16 hrs in Philips and unreliable battery and quality of Panasonic.

Would be thankful if someone can link me to a good sturdy all round decent clipper

Thanks in advance

PS looking to buy new from amazon or flipkart with warranty only

I've been using the Philips MG7715 for the past few months. Charge time is around an hour only. Has a quick charge option that gives a trim time of around 15 mins after just 5 mins of charging. Does not work while plugged in though, since it is shower proof. It has an assortment of combs to be able to cut hair at different lengths.

Luckily decided to go for this instead of just a beard trimmer, and now it is proving its worth during lockdown. My son and I are not going to a hair stylist for another 6 months at least. :p

Hi
Considering the lock down and all, I am looking to cut my own hair as well as of my son.
Can anyone suggest a good clipper for the purpose
Need something that has a broad range of cutting hair unlike most which range from 0.5mm to 10mm,
I want something around 20mm or more
Should be able to work on battery or while plugged..
Must be good quality
The ones available like Panasonic er307
Philips mg3730 {after searching a lot i could zero in on only these two}
Are alright but have major flaws like charging time of 16 hrs in Philips and unreliable battery and quality of Panasonic.

Would be thankful if someone can link me to a good sturdy all round decent clipper

Thanks in advance

PS looking to buy new from amazon or flipkart with warranty only
Maximum people are going to go bald even if the saloon gets opened for a day or an hour...

I've been using the Philips MG7715 for the past few months. Charge time is around an hour only. Has a quick charge option that gives a trim time of around 15 mins after just 5 mins of charging. Does not work while plugged in though, since it is shower proof. It has an assortment of combs to be able to cut hair at different lengths.

Luckily decided to go for this instead of just a beard trimmer, and now it is proving its worth during lockdown. My son and I are not going to a hair stylist for another 6 months at least. :p

Thsts great
Many thanks

But the issue is this model is not available for delivery to Delhi
The other nearest version of similar functions is Philips MG 3730 which has a long long charging time of 16 hrs

Any site selling the 7715 foe delivery to new Delhi?

Edit
Was able to place an order on flipkart that too cheaper than amazon
Yay
Thanks

Last edited:

Good to hear. Bought the same kit 10 days back.

You need to check the specs for a 20mm or more attachment. I just dusted off my panasonic ER217 and it was useful for getting a self hair cut, I started with the 20mm depth setting, then used the 14mm on the sides and back of the head. I don't think I will ever go to a hair saloon in the future, atleast for another year despite the fact that it took me 2hrs to cut and clean, sweep, mop,vacuum all the fallen hair out.

You need to check the specs for a 20mm or more attachment. I just dusted off my panasonic ER217 and it was useful for getting a self hair cut, I started with the 20mm depth setting, then used the 14mm on the sides and back of the head. I don't think I will ever go to a hair saloon in the future, atleast for another year despite the fact that it took me 2hrs to cut and clean, sweep, mop,vacuum all the fallen hair out.
That was the reason i wanted something more than a trimmer
The Philips one had 16mm as highest setting
Would have loved it to be around 20 but i believe 16 should do

I tried to cut my hair using my beard trimmer. Was a big fail, luckily social distancing and I had a cap to hide my fail. Ordered a clipper, waiting for it to arrive by next week :D

I am in the same boat. Anyone using just corded versions. Two of my Panasonic Er-207 have failed within last 2 years and they were supposed to work even without charge. I will probably open them up tomorrow and see if they can be repaired at home, but looking for suggestions for Corded versions.

IMG_20190319_115514__01__01.jpg Given up!!
Post automatically merged:

Planning to go bald, but it is still cold here and will probably need a lawn mower.

Last edited:
View attachment 85403 Given up!!

Planning to go bald, but it is still cold here and will probably need a lawn mower.
That face looks a lot friendlier then the creepy avatar, lol

I am in the same boat. Anyone using just corded versions. Two of my Panasonic Er-207 have failed within last 2 years and they were supposed to work even without charge. I will probably open them up tomorrow and see if they can be repaired at home, but looking for suggestions for Corded versions.
If they don't work even with the cord check the adaptor. My ER217 has a almost dead battery and it works well with the charge adaptor. I do still feel it runs faster when its charged, even with cord.
The replacement batterry from Panasonic costs a lot, cheaper to buy a Chinese machine. With a population as much as ours, can't believe we don't manufacture such machines in india.

Last edited:
Guys, keep Shari g your clippers, their performances and other tips and tricks..
This self clipping and cutting is here to stay.
So lets help each other out in these trying and TRYING times.

Want some fashion tips people. Is it fashionable to have a beard if you shave your head? Anyone here going with the bald look? How are you fending off your partner/ wife? ( I am not fashionable at all, more like a smelly caveman, but the hair has become way too long, longer than most woman. My wife tried to cut it just below shoulder and it has become a mess, can not even tie them properly, looks like a ****ed up rat`s tail near the tip)

Guys, keep Shari g your clippers, their performances and other tips and tricks..
This self clipping and cutting is here to stay.
So lets help each other out in these trying and TRYING times.
Sometimes, I feel like going all out and buy a robust corded one like a Wahl Super Taper or the likes but they are bloody expensive and limited to head and beard only.

Sometimes, I feel like going all out and buy a robust corded one like a Wahl Super Taper or the likes but they are bloody expensive and limited to head and beard only.
In my research I also found that wahl corded ones are very very good especially and cheaper model 9243 i guess.. But its a clipper only, though I needed just a clipper but as this was not deliverable or available I zeroed in on the Philips one.
Lets see how this pans out, still in shipping will be delivered on 30th

Just checked. The adaptor is pushing out 2.3V instead of the 1.2V it should be pushing. Thanks. Now to see if I can repair it or procure a replacement.
2.3v is correct voltage considering this is a tranformer based adaptor. Under load it will drop to about 1.6v. So your adaptor seems okay. My er217 came with transformer based design.
Unless of course it has a smps based design.

Back