Wolfenstein: The New Order - Discussion Thread

i wanted to get this game, but they have priced it at 3k for pc :(.. 1k was ok but 3k is too much .. further the download size is 43GB :O insane..
someone download it in mumbai and share with me :angelic:

Apparently they use the idTech 5 engine which contain hugely detailed textures, hence the large size. It's a Bethesda singleplayer game, it should come down to $15 by this summer/autumn sale in Steam.

nope i am student , so i am using my university bandwidth

Anyone playing, don't miss out the nightmare mode! , check snaps

WolfNewOrder_x64 2014-05-24 15-30-40-01.jpg
WolfNewOrder_x64 2014-05-24 15-30-49-91.jpg

Attachments

• WolfNewOrder_x64 2014-05-24 15-30-49-91.jpg
    WolfNewOrder_x64 2014-05-24 15-30-49-91.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 110
Started the title yesterday and progressed until Chapter 3.

OK this is nowhere close to the dark spooky atmosphere of RTCW but not bad either. I really miss RTCW. Battled the first super-soldier quite early on and it was a mediocre experience. I still recall when the prototypes of the supersoldier first appeared in RTCW and the cutscene begins, it sent a chill down my spine! This one OTOH was meh. These guys never went down that easily since they wore a lot of armor, had panzers, venoms and tesla guns and we had to take them out one by one by sprinting/strafing around the area. But in WTNO, the design is different and we need to target some specific areas to bring them down.

One of the best things about the game - great arsenal and ability to duel wield weapons. I so loved the Venom (read minigun) from RTCW and Wolfenstein (2009) missed it entirely. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that mounted weapons could be detached and can be reattached which would reload the weapon! Of course, with a mounted gun in the hand, Blazko can no longer sprint. He is confined to walking at a gentle pace but the sheer power and range! of these mounted weapons makes minced meat out of them Nazis in no time! Duel wielding a weapon is so much fun. Ammo quickly runs out but all the dead Nazis leave behind ample ammo and armor that can be collected.

The saddest part about the game (other than the massive 41 GB download size) is manually picking up all the armor and ammo other than the collectibles. What a pain this is! By now I would have pressed the key E as many number of times as much as I had for the Half Life series and the successive playthroughs! There’s even gold bars, letters, health upgrades to be collected hidden as secrets - a nice reference to the classic Wolf titles. Stealth is beautifully executed - I managed to complete certain sections sneaking behind the Nazis and taking them out using the knife. Doesn’t raise the alarm and they wouldn’t call for more support.

Waiting for some good boss battles now.

The saddest part about the game (other than the massive 41 GB download size) is manually picking up all the armor and ammo other than the collectibles. What a pain this is! By now I would have pressed the key E as many number of times as much as I had for the Half Life series and the successive playthroughs! There’s even gold bars, letters, health upgrades to be collected hidden as secrets - a nice reference to the classic Wolf titles. Stealth is beautifully executed - I managed to complete certain sections sneaking behind the Nazis and taking them out using the knife. Doesn’t raise the alarm and they wouldn’t call for more support.

This. It's so annoying, I made it a practice to press the E key along with W key. It should have been automated :(

Started the title yesterday and progressed until Chapter 3.

OK this is nowhere close to the dark spooky atmosphere of RTCW but not bad either. I really miss RTCW. Battled the first super-soldier quite early on and it was a mediocre experience. I still recall when the prototypes of the supersoldier first appeared in RTCW and the cutscene begins, it sent a chill down my spine! This one OTOH was meh. These guys never went down that easily since they wore a lot of armor, had panzers, venoms and tesla guns and we had to take them out one by one by sprinting/strafing around the area. But in WTNO, the design is different and we need to target some specific areas to bring them down.

One of the best things about the game - great arsenal and ability to duel wield weapons. I so loved the Venom (read minigun) from RTCW and Wolfenstein (2009) missed it entirely. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that mounted weapons could be detached and can be reattached which would reload the weapon! Of course, with a mounted gun in the hand, Blazko can no longer sprint. He is confined to walking at a gentle pace but the sheer power and range! of these mounted weapons makes minced meat out of them Nazis in no time! Duel wielding a weapon is so much fun. Ammo quickly runs out but all the dead Nazis leave behind ample ammo and armor that can be collected.

RTCW was one of my favorite games. It was superb for its time from the start till the end.
The game that really creeper me was Dead Space...I stopped playing it half way.

So far enjoyed storyline and gameplay is brilliant cause it have many modes that I can play with but mostly I loved stealth the reason is silence gun is little powerful than assault rifle IMO for headshots also I'm good with knife that help plus unlocked all perks of stealth so its easy to clean the room :, graphics great and variant locations I like that so overall loved the game except game size :\

Update :

Phew !! Game just completed in Uber level and what a game :D

Last edited:
Done with the title. Much better than the last title which was super crap but not close to RTCW yet. Now that had some insane boss battles! This was remotely close but good regardless. Storyline was decent, arsenal was kickass esp. the dual wielding part. Dual wield almost anything lol. :p

Looking forward for the next Doom.

I just finished playing this game. A very good single player campaign after a long time. Excellent story and a very good game over all.

Back