CPU/Mobo Work Stations for Small office.

Hi,

I am setting up a small office for which i need 3 PC's. One will be used by me and will have a 19" LCD and DVD writer, the other two PC's will do without a DVD writer and LCD will be 17".

I also need to setup a LAN connecting the 3 PC's and another laptop all of which will be connected to the internet.Hence i need a ADSL Wireless router.

For the above setup i have max budget of 55K, I have shortlisted the follwing components.

My PC

Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Asus M2A MX
1 GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Western Digital Sata2 160 GB
Cabinet With 400W SMPS
Dell 19'' 1909W LCD
Samsung 20x SATA SH-203B
IBall MM Optical Combo-Black Key + Mouse

Other PC's

Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Asus M2A MX
1 GB DDR2 667 Mhz
Western Digital Sata 2 160 GB
Dell 17'' 1709W LCD
Cabinet With 400W SMPS
IBall MM Optical Combo-Black Key + Mouse
For Lan
Linksys ADSL, Ethernet Router
LAN cable + Misc

Please give suggestions for my setup and also which wireless router i should buy ?

For normal office PCs, just go for the cheapest cpu+mobo combos. If wi-fi coverage is for a small room, even the cheapo BSNL routers will do.

which cpu+mobo combo will you suggest and also I'm not planning to get a router from BSNL and would prefer to buy one from outside so please suggest me one.

merve_extreme said:
which cpu+mobo combo will you suggest and also I'm not planning to get a router from BSNL and would prefer to buy one from outside so please suggest me one.

If you are going to use PC's only for Office work:

Buy Dual Core CPU (ANY) + Nvidia or AMD based cheapest combo for your computer. Increase ram size to 1 GB.

For another computer buy proccy, Sempron LE 1250 for Rs. 1550
Motherboard VIA chipset ASUS = Rs. 2050

P.S. for office use it is better to buy motherboards having onboard gigabit lan; most of the MSI boards come with Gigabit LAN.

MrRIG said:
If you are going to use PC's only for Office work:

Buy Dual Core CPU (ANY) + Nvidia or AMD based cheapest combo for your computer. Increase ram size to 1 GB.

For another computer buy proccy, Sempron LE 1250 for Rs. 1550
Motherboard VIA chipset ASUS = Rs. 2050

P.S. for office use it is better to buy motherboards having onboard gigabit lan; most of the MSI boards come with Gigabit LAN.
Thanks,I have already decided on 1GB Ram all the PC's,also can you suggest me a ADSL Wireless Router around 2.5K.

Back