OC & Modding Worklog | Project - Un-named | Status - Got WC Parts | Flushing

PhOeNiX

Skilled
Well, this is my first work-log for my system :clap:. As of now haven't really thought of a name yet.

Well to begin with, here are the parts which i will be using.

Processor | Intel® Core™ i7-930

Motherboard | Gigabyte EX58A-UD7

Memory | G.Skill Trident 6GB 1600mhz CAS 6 (Going to be repalced with Mushkin Ridgeback/Copperhead)

OS Drive | Western Digital Raptor 74GB (going to be repalced with an SSD soon)

Other Hard Drives | 1 x 1TB Green, 1 x 1TB Black, 1 x 1TB 7200.12

Case | Lian-Li PC-A77F w/ Modded side panel and custom top panel with 3 x 120mm Fan Holes

Power Supply | Corsair HX850

Graphic Card | Zotac GTX 275

Keyboard | Microsoft Reclusa

Mouse | Ozone Smog on Ozone GroundLevel Large Mousepad

|

CPU Block | Swiftech Apogee XT CPU Waterblock

Radiator | ThermoChill PA120.3 3x120mm High Performance Radiator

Pump | Swiftech MCP655 12v DC Pump - with Speed Controller

Reservoir | EK Waterblocks EK-Multioption RES 150 rev.2

GPU Block | EK GT200B

Memory Block | only for Mushkin Copperhead - Copperhead Block

Coolant | Feser Blue

Tubing | Tygon

Radiator Fans | 3 x Scythe Gentle Typhoons 1850RPM

The System (Before the modding and WC)

dsc01441u.jpg

dsc01464fu.jpg

Now since the system is majorly up and running, only a couple of things are left.

• Get the side panel modded. Since this case does not have an official Transparent Side panel from Lian-Li, i had the get it cut myself.
  • Replace default top panel (2x140mm fans) with 3 x 120mm Top panel from Lian-Li
  • Assemble the rig with the watercooling system.
  • Cable management.
  • Testing.

Now while i was waiting for the water cooling stuff, i decided to get the side panel modded.

SIDE PANEL MODDING - 27th-28th July 2010

The Panel originally. And the acrylic sheet (courtesy Lian-Li). Still wrapped in a protecting sticker to prevent scratches and damage to the acrylic)

dsc01598b.jpg

dsc01600g.jpg

dsc01601nd.jpg

Drawing out the shape of the acrylic. Using a pencil, and drawing on the back of the panel to avoid any visible scratches.

dsc01603j.jpg

dsc01605q.jpg

The actual cut was about 1.5cm inwards from the outline of the acrylic. So had to draw that out too.

dsc01609a.jpg

The actual cutting proved to be pretty difficult. Not in the cutting part, but in the searching of someone who could cut it nicely part :p. I checked out nearly every aluminium,furniture, glass store, fabrication store in my area, but no one agreed to do it. Half of them did not even have the correct tools. Then finally i found a fabrication store. The guys cut aluminium and glass for various household requirements. They agreed to do it, but charged me Rs 200. He used a handheld sheet cutter (not a dremel) and he filed off the edges a bit. Not exactly professional work, as there were some 'over cuts', and some edges were not straight. But nothing you will notice at first glance :p

dsc01618m.jpg

A few rough edges.

dsc01619m.jpg

The cut panel with the acrylic fitted on.

dsc01621cz.jpg

The final work.

dsc01627.jpg

dsc01630z.jpg

dsc01631x.jpg

dsc01633e.jpg

Now some more waiting till my WC parts and my top panel arrive later this week.

So until then.

Cheers

Re: Worklog | Project - Un-named | Status - Awaiting WC Parts | Side Panel Cut

nice.....the transparent side panel looks awesome

Saying it shamelessly. Am jealous big time...!

Good your going the water way. Nice. :)

Damn it how did you have the guts to cut that Al panel! :O :mad:

Could have asked Lian Li to give you a replacement. Not that they wouldn't have obliged. :p

I would dare touch mine with a dremel or any tool for that matter.

Could have asked Lian Li to give you a replacement. Not that they wouldn't have obliged.

They don't have one for the A77F (a transparent one i mean). If it was screwed up, would have asked for a similar non-transparent one though :p

So finally you got it done .Looks kickass :D

I'm LF a tutorial with detail so I can mod my Bijli by myself.....

Looking good sudhir, you should have used a dremel and cut it yourself. Alu cuts like butter, very easy and the finish is very good.

^True that. I recall the NSK4400 I had previously modded to fit additional 120mm fans had a similar profile after being cut. Alu could have been a lot simpler. :)

apollyon said:
Looking good sudhir, you should have used a dremel and cut it yourself. Alu cuts like butter, very easy and the finish is very good.
Yeah i know, but had no access to a dremel in my locality. And carrying it around is too much work. I know a dremel would have given me a perfect cut, but well, this looks pretty good too now that its been put in. I am pretty sure Lian-Li will release a proper side panel for this down the line, so i will swap it out then, Till then, it seems good enough :p

I was wondering who in india had cut a lian li panel..Im sure 99% of us would have shit our pants before doing that...so ure thread on XS btw. Nice going.

^Lol :p I know, but well, i have an access to replacements hehe :p

Nice work. Case is looking awesome.:hap2:

Though I had got side panel cut from local fabrication worker for free(They used Chisel n hammer. Very untidy finish, which was then covered by U-channel moulding), I wouldn't have risked Lian-Li's side panel in hands of some random guy(especially with those handheld tools:fear:).

Now this is a Lian Li distri, provoking others to try n screw their side panels :p j/k

job well done..
one needs guts to touch a lian li..

PS: nice rig..:D

Sudarshan_SMD said:
Nice work. Case is looking awesome.:hap2:

Though I had got side panel cut from local fabrication worker for free(They used Chisel n hammer. Very untidy finish, which was then covered by U-channel moulding), I wouldn't have risked Lian-Li's side panel in hands of some random guy(especially with those handheld tools:fear:).

Now this is a Lian Li distri, provoking others to try n screw their side panels :p j/k

Lol no provoking. Even i did not want to touch the side panel, but since no pre-modded transparent panel was available, and i am installing a WC system worth 25k, i had no choice. I am pretty sure using a dremel and spending a day or so on it would have given me a superbly finished product, but well, i am too lazy for that :p

job well done..

one needs guts to touch a lian li..

PS: nice rig..

Thanks.

but u should update the gpu and cpu cooler for nice show off at least nocthue cooler or something higher cooler would be amazing and nice modding one and no dx 11 card :p

Arun.P said:
but u should update the gpu and cpu cooler for nice show off at least nocthue cooler or something higher cooler would be amazing and nice modding one and no dx 11 card :p
Err....as far as the CPU cooler is concerned, i am going Watercooling as mentioned in the thread itself :p

And GPU i will upgrade only after a while. My 275 handles nearly everything that i can throw at it on the highest settings, which is all i want :p Maybe during the crysis 2 period, i'll jump the gun there too.

Back