Worlds fastest browser released!!

agantuk said:
Opera fits the bill perfectly for my type of usage. All the stuff that I require is a part of the standard Opera install, so no tension of add ons and the like. Also the deal clincher in my case is the fact that it can handle a LARGE number of tabs (I am talking 70 - 80 +) simultaneously without hassle. None of the other browsers I tried (IE, Chrome, FF, Safari on Windows) was as comfortable. Chrome was in fact a joke.

70-80? Dont you hav a life outside internet?

Well i've use chrome with 20-25 tabs without hassle!!

^ Haha. Actually I check the forums only once a day mostly, and due to that the busy ones - like TE - stack up more than 100+ threads in this interval. So I do an 'open all' - convenient from Opera - and read them as required :)

Well its firefox for me, not because some dude told me its cool but because its the best browser i have ever used, BTW i have opera, crome & ie installed

Opera... not as easy as firefox to customize. I never make opera to open new window instead of tab after clicking on Opera Icon in Quick Launch. Went lots of settings in option still no use...

NinByChoice said:
The Soviets and the geniuses have always been with Opera, enjoying a pleasure that IE/Firefox/Chrome users cant even imagine

Story to be taken in lighter vein. Just taking silly potshots at Firefox supporters :p
Either I was not clear with my sentence or you misunderstood me. All I was telling was that there is nothing extra ordinary in this claim as this honor is with them from years(at least 2004 IIRC). Though this is not what general end user is looking for, isn't it. I never said x browser is good and Y is not as these are not worth wasting time, correct?

The point in using a browser though is not speed(well not just speed to be modest). MS bid farewell for IE6 but there is million $ worth market for IE6 on Windows 7, ever wondered why; as it surly can not compete with new gen browsers? I was just telling that this claim though may be thrilling for a new-bee who have found this for first time does not hold ground really.

>>The Soviets and the geniuses have always been with Opera, enjoying a pleasure that IE/Firefox/Chrome users cant even imagine.

IF you think this way than considering Browser market share in account, Soviet and genius are 2.27%. in fact it is around same this for few years. I wonder whether Soviets have lost interest in intercourse as otherwise this figure was suppose to grow. ;)

I'm not too impressed with PeaceKeeper and the way it test a browser's speed and load-bearing capability. It basically tests the browser for its ability to handle JavaScript functions and the load based by commonly used JavaScript modules, and these commonly used JavaScript modules and functions are to the discretion of PeaceKepeer. If you think about this realistically, depending on users choices and what websites they browse, it's possible that for some Opera is better suited than Firefox, and for some Firefox is better suited than Opera.

Ever since Chrome has launched the Developer built-in package, I've been pretty impressed with it and I can't seem to be able to stop using it. Firefox on the other hand allows people who need heavy customization and Opera boasts of being a "fast" browser, with nothing except all of these weird tests to support it. When it comes to people using these browsers, I've ever actually heard anyone say that Opera loads faster than Chrome. Eventually, if Opera loads a page in 2.81s and Chrome loads it in 3.02s, does it really matter? That 0.2s isn't going to make much of a difference when it comes to being comfortable with your browser and with the other functions that it provides.

Emperor said:
Opera... not as easy as firefox to customize. I never make opera to open new window instead of tab after clicking on Opera Icon in Quick Launch. Went lots of settings in option still no use...
Why not just use CTRL+N?

If for some reason you still want to click on the Quick Launch icon to open a new window, add the -newwindow command line switch to the Opera shortcut in Quick Launch.

saumilsingh said:
If for some reason you still want to click on the Quick Launch icon to open a new window, add the -newwindow command line switch to the Opera shortcut in Quick Launch.

sorry for noob, but how to do that?

Emperor said:
Yes i also use tabs for ease of access instead of new window. You can get rid of new quick launch icon to classical one for ease of access like i've done

Well, I've been using Opera since 2005 and i found it very customizable, very user friendly and feature rich than any other browser out there. I like Customizable Speed Dials which gives quick access to favourite websites. :)

muzux2 said:
Yes i also use tabs for ease of access instead of new window. You can get rid of new quick launch icon to classical one for ease of access like i've done

Well, I've been using Opera since 2005 and i found it very customizable, very user friendly and feature rich than any other browser out there. I like Customizable Speed Dials which gives quick access to favourite websites. :)

Given how many plugins and scripts and add-ons Firefox has, I don't think saying opera is the most customizable browser is wise. ;)

Opera has the most customizable UI among all browsers.

I've seen setups where people have hidden everything and incorporated the entire menu system into the right-click menu. Works out very well since you almost never need to use the menus in a browser after initial setup and the only things that need to be visible are the bookmarks bar and the address bar/status bar (Opera can be configured to integrate the two without losing any functionality).

Back