Car & Bike Wtb: Car Audio Stuff

Looking to buy Car Audio stuff in Pune or around and as such looking for recommendations from the gyaani log on TE with regards to places from where to buy and other things.

Also if someone has CAR speaker stuff and/or Head-units to sell. PM me pronto!

@karmicanomaly - if you wish to rocket your 20k budget to atleast 100k, get in touch with Amey :p

Oh, and do put up the parameters to let us suggest better options.
For the starters, dont look at any other Head units than Alpine - they are completely worth the money.

PS : Greeny - Thanks ! I didn't know that. Darky's back !!

Er...actually one of the reasons I got scared off from the team-bhp site was the escalation in price. There are solutions being offered there which would require me to sell myself (chaddi and all) to raise the relevant money. Sheesh! I'm a simpleton who used a mp3 player and headphones for my ICE before so help me out without making me a renowned bank robber or something.

Specs:

Car: Indica DLS
Music: Rock, Rap and Jazz.
Commute time: 2 Hours a day (this is where the headphones get simply too much)

Major Problem areas: I'm new to Pune so I don't know who are the bhai-log as far as the installers are concerned. I have read enough to know that a crap install can be a huge problem. I'm willing to even drive down to Mumbai for this reason as I've heard of this guy Ajay ('Bass and Trouble' on the forums) but have a complex that he may not do a simple install like mine. Hence the dilemma!

Where exactly is Amey the Lord from? Maybe if he's close by, I can go and do darshan?

headphones? do you drive or sit in the back?

suggestion ?

sound quality

Alpine 9870/9845 (~8/8.5k MRP)

features

Pioneer 3050/4050(5~6k)

6x9's for the rear (~5k)

MDF rear parcel tray (~1k)

and/or

4" or 5/25" coax if you sit in the back, else 6.5" comps + spacers - if your installer knows how to install using spacers on an indica/5.25"(stock size) comps in front , depending on budget

if you are using the front door location, you'll need damping if you want to run even slightly loud volumes

check out my, as well as adityamunshi, xetaglgrocks and panky12345's install threads at team bhp for pointers on indica installations :p

Ok since u have already decided on the rear speakers.....I guess u are of the opinion that the rear speakers need to be the best speakers of the ICE.

Well, if you are driving the car yourself, you should focus on the front speakers. The rear speakers should just act as fillers, if at all you want to install rear speakers. You can completely do without them. In my Alto I dont have rear speakers, just front components, a 4 channel amp and a sub at the back.

So within 20k, this is what I can suggest

Front components: Illusion Audio 5.25" --- 5.5- 6k with bill
Pioneer 5050 HU --- 6.5k grey
2 channel Amp --- Sony/JBL --- 3.5k
Wiring (RCA + Power)-- 3k ---Ground Zero
Installation --- 1 - 1.5k
________
Total 20k

You can then later on add a sub with a mono amp or sell the 2 channel and get a 4 channel and power the front components and bridge the other 2 channels.

Get the installation done from Boom (Zohir), Carter Road Mumbai or FM Drive Khar, Mumbai (Pankaj bhai) ......

Boom is a franchise given out by Hermit Audio (B &T, team-bhp).

i have a sony 4 channel amplifier zm554 to be upgraded in sometime. let me know if required. as of now its in use in my car.

Just today, I got dad's Getz installed with Illusion Audio 6" Co-axials ( model : EL 62 ) on all 4 doors. They cost 3500 for a pair and are worth each and every penny.:hap2:

This install was done at Bafna motors on ghole road - not exactly a perfect place to get a medium/ high end install done up ( i made that mistake :mad: ). For those, you gotta go to Ajay aka B&T.

For the HU, seriously man, dont even look at Pio / Sony - I got a Pio 4200MP in the Getz, and i am seriously disappointed ( given the fact that my own car has an Alpine HU :bleh: ). The quality of output is something I am totally missin

Ok, I went to a JBL dealer on E-Street who had heap loads of knowledge and it turns out that 937s have been phased out which means I have to go in for 948s or whatever's the new model.

The Poona Motors guy was also visited and he talks a mean game but the thing he is that he talks curiously like a pimp with his "Aap gaadi le ke aa jao, aapko khush kar denge" which leaves me a tad confused.

alpine rocks.. :)
got a friend dealing for rockfort falsegate.. those are crazy systems man..
n a few other friends who deal in all the car audio systems.. PM me if ur comin down to mumbai.. might be able to hook u up..

Hi,
You could go with the following setup,
Illusion Audio EL6.1 Comps in the front
Alpine HU (As per budget)

As for the rear speakers, you need to decide on that.If the car is driven with only front passengers most of the times, i am of the opinion that you should rather concentrate on the front rather than spending money on rear co-ax.This is exactly what i have done.

As for Illusion sound quality and all, I am also in Pune so if you are really inclined, you could have a demo of my setup and decide accordingly.Let me know so i can PM you my no.

As for others talking about me jacking up original budgets, please dont pay attention to them,they are just blabbering nonsense :p

Cheers !
Amey

Back