Car & Bike Wtb: Car Audio Stuff

Met up with Ameya and got a most impossible standard of in-car audio to live up to. 20 k is nothing but a start and it might be one I will have to be satisfied with, for now.

Got Kenwood 5039 Headunit and the Illusion El 6.1s at Poona Motors. There's a small vibration in the door which I will need to get looked at tomorrow. Apart from that I need to tune my system and will do so after going through the manual of the Kenwood.

Thanks to everyone who contributed.

great HU, great speakers !

did you get the HU with or without bill?

Would love to see install pix of the 6" ers on the indica doors and the tweeter location

the rattling is quite normal :p god knows how much i suffered from it- you'll need to do some damping of the indica doors . this is because the speakers are mounted on the plastic door panels instead of the metal door frame as in most cars

Got damping done too. But the problem still persists so Vinit at Poona Motors is going to get his brains eaten by me tomorrow.

Everything with Bill and warranty.

I faced the same problem of ratting in my Alto. So after putting 2 layers of damping on the metal door frame, another layer was put on the plastic door cover. After that it was fine. My doors are so freaking heavy now :p

My opinion is whenever you get damping done, it should be for both, the door as well as the panel.

Anyways,
@ karmicanomaly
Congrats on the ICE man !
How do you find the Electra Comps ?

Back! Vibrations are gone. Heard stoopid radio for a while until I switched to Lynyrd Skynrd-Free as a bird and basically switched to heaven. Woah! SQ never meant more.

Back