Car & Bike WTB Car within 4 Lakhs

mithun said:
P.S.: I own and drive a Beat P for last 14 months(20k kms)

Have you got the ECU remap done? Basically, the earlier models had the same ECU configuration as the european models where they had shorter 1-2 gears and more power in the higher gears. if you get the ecu remap, it will be much better at lower speeds.

No, sticking with the original settings. Have driven a Beat with re-mapped ECU, the difference is marginal IMO. Tad more power & the engine knocking at low RPMs in 2nd gear disappears. However, i have already overcome the knocking issue by adapting myself. More of a 3rd gear puttering person and the Beat's 3rd has a very wide range, so 2nd gear is more of a transitional gear. Further, i have kind of got used to the car now, do not want it to behave differently.

@ OP

Get a Beat P. Upgrade to better/meatier rubber immediately, and you have yourself a decent highway car south of 4 lacs. If you venture into the used car segment, a Swift would make more sense over a Punto for long term hassle-free ownership. It's darn hard to find a used Jazz.

get an i10 n put a cng kit with ur kinda running, he will be too short for a beat, for those who do not know, hes a 6 foooter + with dhole sholeys n all.:bleh::bleh::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

^^^Yes all my 6 packs and the full 6 feet of me! You should post it in a forum where we have women not here.

I am seriously considering the i10.

Sunny will have to make a sunroof to sit straight in Alto... Or a Alto Coupe may be fine ;)
insane.nick said:
Maruti Suzuki Alto k10 is d best small car to own and it wont go above 4 lakhs inclusive of tax... its got a 1 litre k series engine which is damn peppy to drive and is a blast...it can accelerate from 0-100 in 13.3 seconds (swift does it in 14 seconds)... it is also one of d most fuel efficient petrol car around... the k10 has slightly changed look and with great resale value it is the best to buy... plus you get d most amazing maruti service backup... so u can rest in peace

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

591484ee5caaf1d242.jpg

You can also try second hand ? I bought my swift for 3 lacs as i didn't want Small cars that make you feel small + no leg room for people who sit behind me as i had to push the seat all the way back for my legs :mad:
You can get any hatchbacks 2008 model for ~ 3lacs... i'd suggest not spend whole 4 lacs, save some for after buying maintenance, like touch-ups etc.
Your choice... New Small Car / Good Condition second hand Hatchbacks.

Back