WTB [WTB] closed to New Members/Recruits

Not looking for new members in Marketplace.

This is what the thread title says.
Got it. So the marketplace is a closed one for existing members, for both buying and selling. Desperately disappointing for users like me who are just looking to buy some hardware from reputed resellers...

I can see why the mods might have arrived at this decision - still disappointing, regardless!

Got it. So the marketplace is a closed one for existing members, for both buying and selling. Desperately disappointing for users like me who are just looking to buy some hardware from reputed resellers...

Take part in the discussions, share ideas, guides, reviews — get to know about other like minded people as yourself.

The marketplace is for offloading, not deal swiping or profiteering. In a way, it has to be earned, and the most honest way to do that is to become part of forum as a valued member.

Everyone has some skill, some knowledge, some experience that can help others and by sharing that here, you become a part of the forum membership. The interests you share in your posts sparks creativity in other members.

I’m sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask but I posted a thread for buying firestick but that got deleted and I thought it was some kind of mistake or error but now when I again posted it is locked for further replies. May I know the reason why that happened because I am unable to find out.

edit: in your case, it could be because your last transaction in the marketplace did not go smoothly. The following may apply to other members:

I'm not part of the staff here, I just visit often enough to see patterns. This is my observation, not any official announcement:

The requirements to participate in the marketplace have been quietly raised by the admins to discourage opportunistic members.

By opportunistic members, I mean people who are interested in this forum only for deals and not for the sharing of knowledge.

By requirements, I mean the number of messages, number of reactions, and trophy points.

Last edited:
Take part in the discussions, share ideas, guides, reviews — get to know about other like minded people as yourself.

The marketplace is for offloading, not deal swiping or profiteering. In a way, it has to be earned, and the most honest way to do that is to become part of forum as a valued member.

Everyone has some skill, some knowledge, some experience that can help others and by sharing that here, you become a part of the forum membership. The interests you share in your posts sparks creativity in other members.
3+ months, 1 successful marketplace transaction and 40 messages (and I did get a leg up with a 1-month Patron upgrade!) later, I'm a disciple.

Thank you, sensei! Might bug you in the DMs with my homelab queries. Thanks again @rsaeon !

Back