Graphic Cards WTB : GPU Cooler for Zotac 9600GT 512MB PCI-e Card

daumaster

Disciple
The stock fan of my Zotac 9600GT 512MB GPU has finally died after two years of service.

Suggestions for a third party GPU Cooler is requested asap along with details for online purchase in India, as monitor blacking out, with the GPU temperature shooting over 100 degree in 20 minutes.

Case is an Cooler Master Elite 330, with one 80 mm intake fan & one 120mm rear exhaust fan.

Choice has narrowed down to the following :

i) Artic Cooling's Accelero S1 Rev.2
ii) Scythe Setsugen,

but, I have been unable to locate any seller on the net.

TheITWares is an authorised dealer for Arctic Cooling. PM him and find out if the S1 is available else get the Twin Turbo Pro for ~2.5k - comes with fans as well.

Hmm doesnt a second hand 9600GT comes for that much now :p

Daumaster, you can try one of the several DIY floating on internet using a 80mm fan...

Aces170 said:
Hmm doesnt a second hand 9600GT comes for that much now :p
Haha actually! But can it replace the stock cooler still? :p

Try removing the plastic shroud and clean the heatsink for any dust which may have clogged the fins. Use an old toothbrush to gently clean the fan blades. And finally, remove the stock heatsink, and clean the stock thermal paste and apply some MX2 over the GPU's IHS. And as Aces's suggested, try attaching a 80mm fan using zip ties.

Plastic shroud removed and heat sink fins cleaned, though they were not dirty.

Didn't remove the stock heat sink, as I felt too lazy to search for my misplaced Artic Silver tube.

Lubricated the stock fan with a drop of Singer sewing machine oil by removing the nVidia sticker. Fan now rotating when air is blown over it by mouth.

PC powered on with one side panel kept open.

Core temperature hovering at around 55 - 56 degree C since last two hours.

Keeping my fingers crossed, before I put back the open side panel.

Back