Video WTB: LCD Calibration Device

zhopudey said:
From where? 7.2K is too much for me, considering this is quite an impulsive decision :p

Arre I aint spending 7.2k on calibrator..
Asking if anyone can get it from abroad...

messa wants one. AM pretty sure most of the LCD guys here will also want one as most of them are on a <25k panel and will usually be uncalibrated. A GO below 100$ i.e. <4500Rs is worthwhile. Will check if any of my U.S friends are coming back.

Indian pricing of all imported goods is surprisingly quite high in spite of reduction in custom duty over years. The peak duty is 32% plus levies which should be around 40% in all.

Sellers need to think other ways of getting more sales, less margins.

^^ are u all professional photographers or printers that u want an expensive calibrator? if u use an lcd u can just set the monitor to srgb setting in which colour and brightness / contrast is adjusted by input signal. Its better if use a dvi port so that u get the best signal.

also adobe's calibration utility dosen't do justice to lcd monitors. i think is good only for crt monitors in which output varies from tube to tube by a very big margin.

or else if somebody manages 2 get this maybe ppl from d same town cud borrow the same 4 a day 2 calibrate for a small fee

6pack said:
^^ are u all professional photographers or printers that u want an expensive calibrator? if u use an lcd u can just set the monitor to srgb setting in which colour and brightness / contrast is adjusted by input signal. Its better if use a dvi port so that u get the best signal.

also adobe's calibration utility dosen't do justice to lcd monitors. i think is good only for crt monitors in which output varies from tube to tube by a very big margin.

Who is looking at expensive calibrators...

I aint spending anyth over 4k....

btw calibration makes a difference and this is a one time purchase....

i made a mistake here - dont use srgb colour profile in lcd monitor :ashamed: .
i read on a site that it gives washed out colors :(
use the default monitor profile which the manufacturer has given on the cd. I saw the difference it made for my vx2025 monitor.

If u want to see the difference, just set your monitor profile as default on ur machine and open psp color settings. here u can change and see the diff in colour profiles. :)

6pack said:
i made a mistake here - dont use srgb colour profile in lcd monitor :ashamed: .
i read on a site that it gives washed out colors :(
use the default monitor profile which the manufacturer has given on the cd. I saw the difference it made for my vx2025 monitor.

If u want to see the difference, just set your monitor profile as default on ur machine and open psp color settings. here u can change and see the diff in colour profiles. :)

Good that u realized ur mistake............but u still haven't got a clue of what u are talking about. srgb & adobe rgb both can show faded colors & its the 1st clue that the user is not aware of what he is doing.

calibration is not for casual users but if u r interested in calibrating the monitor it means u r serious about color u see on ur monitor & that requires that you understand what calibration is & does to ur monitor.

Back