Monitors WTB - LCD monitor for 20k - 19''

How a normal movie (VCD) would be displayed in a wide screen display ??? and what about a DVD movie ??? Will it be like two black bands running across the monitor at both the corners ... ???

Plz help guys ... !!!

Err what do you mean by performance difference :S. Out of those, the only virtue of the 940BW is price. The Dell will have better color assuming you get the latest revision and the Viewsonic will probably be the best in terms of response time.

Thanks Chaos ....Will you plz answer the query i posted last ???
will it affect movie watchin .. ??? what is the aspect ratio of Indian VCDs and DVDs ??

DVD aspect ratio is 16:9, thats why you see those two black bands when u play then on normal monitors, with widescreen lcd, the dvd will play full screen, and when played in windows media player only the play settings bar would show up in the bottom...

^^Most of these widescreen lcd monitors have an aspect ratio of 16:10, so, there'll still be black bars....much smaller though ;)

If you plan to watch VCD's on it, theyre gonna look like crap. The resolution is simply too low and hence theyre gonna look very blocky. Look for nothing other than DVD's, you get WS edition ones too these days.

Go with the 2025WM. Just got mine. When I enquired in SMC Delhi I got a price of 26000. This was almost a month back though. I would have thought the prices would have dropped some.

^ wow nice. I've got a few Qs:

1. have you played any games? is there any ghosting/motion blur.

2. hows the scaling? have you played games not supporting wide screen like NFS:MW? does it scale correctly?

3. how much of a problem is the unavailability of height adjustment feature?

4. can you visit this site (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3782) and run the tests mentioned and let us know how the VX2025wm fares in the tests.

would be grateful if you could give us the info on this...

EDIT: came across this: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5509. nice review of the VX2025WM.

jus got a quote from dell

the 2007WFP for Rs29,300/- all incl

the 2405wfp for Rs43,400/- all incl

do note if u go2 buy a dell monitor they will tell u the price minus tax delivery etc etc which will be a good 5-10k

delivery time =3-4weeks

any good20" lcds gettin cheap here ?

SoulFire said:
jus got a quote from dell

the 2007WFP for Rs29,300/- all incl
the 2405wfp for Rs43,400/- all incl

do note if u go2 buy a dell monitor they will tell u the price minus tax delivery etc etc which will be a good 5-10k

delivery time =3-4weeks

any good20" lcds gettin cheap here ?

5-10k tax?? dont think its that high. should be somewhere around 1-1.5k
is the Dell A03 release? previous ones had severe banding issues.

VX2025WM is for 28.5k (incl tax and delivery).

Back