[WTB Suggestion] Bosch C7 Battery Charger or something else.

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
I am planning to get a Battery charge for my Dominar d400. recently did bought a new battery and also got it replaced as it was having some issue. but now the bike is not starting so need to get this battery thing again charged and its a hassle for carrying it to the shop. so want to have a charger at home so when such issue happen. I can get the done at home. so what should I get.

Bosch C7 Battery Charger is one I found online. we also have Bosch C3 Battery Charger, but looking towards future, when I will own a car, Bosch C7 Battery Charger makes more sense for me. but I need to know if anyone using this ? or what other alternative do I have.

Thank you for going through my thread :angelic:

Last edited:
I have a CTEK charger, its an older model with max 4A charging current but does the job well. C3 will do for your car as well, no need to get the C7. Unless you buy a BMW etc which comes with AGM batteries.

You can also use your inverter in case of emergency. My inverter has all the smart charging features that these Bosch devices have, but not all inverters might be like that.

If you have a c3, honestly it's good enough. I have a c7, and gifted a c3 to my in laws. One day my car battery died at the in laws place (my kids keep leaving the lights on) and the c3 charged it up just fine. Just took a little longer. As a trickle charger I don't think you'll even notice the difference. The only thing the c7 has apart from the higher current is 24v capability which I don't know if a any car in India having. The c3 charged my bro in law's ktm rc390 so I'm sure it can handle the dominar.

TL;DR C3 is good enough.

I agree with greenhorn, C3 should be enough. I recently charged my mom's completely drained car battery. It just needed 1 overnight charge to bring it back to a full charge.

Back