WTB: Thermalright Bolt-thru kit for LGA 775 (Urgently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandissa

Disciple
Had a bad day at office.

Broke 3 out 4 retention pins of my office P4 3.0 Ghz stock hsf while pushing it too hard into the motherboard peg.

Now I am left with two options.

Either buying

1. these
0301111_904557.jpg

which I very much doubt would be available in apna India.

Or,

2. Thermalright Bolt-thru kit for LGA 775

thermalrightlga775bolttss9.jpg

which I believe is a more long term and painless solution.

Can anyone enlighten me where get hold of one?

I presume all owners of Thermalright HSF who are not using a LGA 775 processor would have ones to spare. Pl help.

Also if any of our TE dealers would kindly guide me on this.

Thank you.

@kandissa

Are you looking to use the Thermalright 775 bolt thru kit with the stock Intel cooler ? I dont think this will work !! The stock cooler will not attach with the Thermalright kit, they are made differently.

Thanks for your input guys.

Now can anyone point me to a seller who sells the Thermalright one. I am a little wary of Foxconn as it seems the retention clip is made for their hsf and not the intel one.

@eazy

it seems Thermalright 775 bolt thru kit can be used with the stock Intel cooler. A review here says so.

kandissa said:
Thanks for your input guys.

Now can anyone point me to a seller who sells the Thermalright one. I am a little wary of Foxconn as it seems the retention clip is made for their hsf and not the intel one.

@eazy

it seems Thermalright 775 bolt thru kit can be used with the stock Intel cooler. A review here says so.

Sorry for OT---it can be used with intel stock cooler...:)

Just get an el-cheapo cooler from your local hardware shop for about 200-800 nucks rather then spending so much on a bolt through kit.

^Yes.
Getting cheap HSF will be easy & cheaper than Thermaright Kit(If you et an new one).

Also for fitting Thermalright Kit, you will have to remove your Motherboard & attach backplate.

See Foxconn retetion Module availabe ar ebay for 350bucks:

kandissa said:

Thanks for the info - I learned something new today !! I will try this sometime in the future :)

I HATE THE INTEL PUSH PIN HS ATTACHMENT METHOD - Once when the computer was running I had a HS's pin pop out of the socket because a finger accidentally put a little pressure on it :mad:

hey guys,

the foxconn retention module is merely the backplate without screws.

now where do i get spring loaded screws to fix my hsf?

or would ordinary nut bolt would provide required fit?

is there a chance that it might "screw up" my mobo?

kandissa said:
hey guys,

the foxconn retention module is merely the backplate without screws.
now where do i get spring loaded screws to fix my hsf?

or would ordinary nut bolt would provide required fit?
is there a chance that it might "screw up" my mobo?

Hey,
you can try 'nut screw bolt', i have seen someone using normal nut screws for fitting HSF.
Just make sure you are using 'washers'.
For this you surely will have to remove motherboard(take out of cabby, inorder to fit screws).
This way it would be very cheaper for you. 4 scews will cost sub 20Rs & some washers for cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back