OC & Modding WTF!!! P4 @ 4GHz... and 49-50C on full load!!!

not sure. system requirements r :
·An Intel motherboard featuring supported onboard hardware management sensors

·Intel(R) Pentium(R) II processor (or newer), or

Intel(R) Celeron(TM) processor

raj404 said:
not sure. system requirements r :

·An Intel motherboard featuring supported onboard hardware management sensors

·Intel(R) Pentium(R) II processor (or newer), or

Intel(R) Celeron(TM) processor

i think they mean Intel Original motherboards.

No TAT for Willie, Northwood and Prescotts.

There is really no reliable way to find the temp of these processors. And from experience i dont trust motherboard sensors at all.

But if its saying below 50C full load then you can safely assume its wrong temp :p

@deathvirus
the ventilation in my system is very good , (5 case fans[3x120 & 2x80], two 40mms on NB and SB) and the ambient temperature was 22-23 last evening, but 48-49 on load is still hard to swallow.

Thats what i'm taking about ... my friend has 4*80 mm high speed along with a 1*120 mm tricool .. his processor maxes at 45c .. so at 4 GHz , ur temps seems fine .. prescotts can go even higher .. infact some mobo's let u do over 4 GHz without touching the ram .. and then u might even go higher with good ram ..

Funky said:
No TAT for Willie, Northwood and Prescotts.

There is really no reliable way to find the temp of these processors. And from experience i dont trust motherboard sensors at all.

But if its saying below 50C full load then you can safely assume its wrong temp :p

agree.. temperatures are out of whack, and the most logical culprit seems to be the sensors. But, at 4GHz full load, atleast the heatsink should get hot na? and it's not like the cpu fan is throttling, it runs ate 2k-2.1k rpm.

c'mon google...go even more... I think u'll b able to reach 5Ghz. After all isnt it fun to look at burnt CPUs? Please post pics of the CPU after its burnt!! :p

sunbiz_3000 said:
c'mon google...go even more... I think u'll b able to reach 5Ghz. After all isnt it fun to look at burnt CPUs? Please post pics of the CPU after its burnt!! :p

here you go a burned FX57 with a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D (Bonus) :p

Udit said:
here you go a burned FX57 with a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D (Bonus) :p

Burning the FX ... must have hurt. Man... even looking at the pic is burning my heart :( .. I really love computers & it hurts to see something like this!!

Back