www.AllSchoolStuff.com - Avoid at any cost

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I had ordered a set of books for my son (from the Big Book series by Quixot publications) on 4th May 2013, with the hope that they would be delivered before his birthday on May 15th. They were (and still are) very much in stock while placing the order. Immediately upon ordering, the status of the order showed as "Ready for shipping". However, when I checked on May 9th, I saw that the status hadn't changed, and they were yet to be shipped. I shot a mail to their customer care asking for an explanation for the delay. This was the response I received:

Thank you for Shopping with AllSchoolStuff.com!!

This is in reference of your query as under for order 985810 . We have policy to dispatch the order in 15 working days, We will try to dispatch your order at earliest and you will receive a confirmation mail after dispatch of your order.

Please feel free to contact 0124-4495547/48 for further query.

So, I waited patiently. Now, as of today, there has been absolutely no change in the status. It is still unshipped. Which makes this as the worst online shopping experience I had ever (I am not new to online shopping).

This might have been a one-off case. But then the customer care could have taken some effort to keep me informed (That is wishful thinking though.. I know that in India you can never expect the customer care to call you.. ). This thread is to alert potential buyers - Check out for alternatives if you can.

We have policy to dispatch the order in 15 working days- that's a major giveaway that one should not shop with them. Might be another Timtara venture.

We have policy to dispatch the order in 15 working days- that's a major giveaway that one should not shop with them. Might be another Timtara venture.
No mate i have shopped multiple times from them for stationary stuff. They say 15 days and dispatch on the 15th day itself. Sometimes it arrives before tracking activates.

I had bought 8 packets of cello gel pens(1 packet contains 5 pens, mrp of packet is 25) for 75 INR the last time.

Time sensitive stuff in India should preferably be never bought online. We don't really have any sort of expedited shipping options as well.

No mate i have shopped multiple times from them for stationary stuff. They say 15 days and dispatch on the 15th day itself. Sometimes it arrives before tracking activates.

I had bought 8 packets of cello gel pens(1 packet contains 5 pens, mrp of packet is 25) for 75 INR the last time.

Well good to know that they do ship. But 15 days for a dispatch!!

Well good to know that they do ship. But 15 days for a dispatch!!

Exactly.. 15 days to ship is too much; that too when their site says stocks available. Anyway, the sum involved is not very large, so I am not very concerned. I will keep mailing them until they send the stuff or refund me.

Exactly.. 15 days to ship is too much; that too when their site says stocks available. Anyway, the sum involved is not very large, so I am not very concerned. I will keep mailing them until they send the stuff or refund me.
Yup i know it's too much. But they did warn you. I nly buy stuff if i get a good deal like.. 40 gel pens for 75,while market price is 200.

@prateekS I received the information only after I mailed them after 4 days.

Their FAQ states this:
How do I check my order status?
As per the company policy, we usually deliver orders within 15 days from receiving the order. However, please note bulkier orders (Furniture, boards etc.) may take longer than the usual delivery timeline as they are sent via surface courier.

Their shipping policy states this:
Shipping & Delivery
Allschoolstuff ships to almost all parts of India. Orders placed upto 2:00PM IST on any day is processed next day. We ship 6 days of the week. We do not process orders on Sundays & on National Holidays.
Our Standard Shipping time is upto 15 working days.If it is a remote location then extra delivery charges may apply.

I am not sure if they ship it within 15 days or deliver it within 15 days. Either way, both have not happened in my case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Up to 15 days means they can take from 1 to 15 days to ship the order.
Sine they haven't shipped it yet cancel it and buy from nearby store. It should be available now since schools will start soon.
Edit: 15 working days would be 22nd or 23rd may for your order.

Upto 15 days - means they dont keep stock of it. Once you order they will call their tie up shops & order. Its cheaper model, works easy without any investment.
Within 5 days - means they have items in their warehouse & ready to be shipping. Its too costly as you need to invest in all items & warehouse.

I am waiting. For their reply and the product.
@6pack It's not an essential item.. Just a few large picture books for my two year old. Got a couple of them at Big Bazaar in Bangalore last month when they were in clearance. The quality of the books were too good that I decided to buy some more. I will keep mailing them, and wait for at least another 10 days before cancelling the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar thing happened to me with pepperfry.com 1 of the item that i ordered was received by me almost after 12 days and the tracking number provided was worng. had to fight with their customer care and get the matter escalated.

Second item that i ordered was never shipped at all and (like my mistake) I had to request them to refund the amount.

Generally if the item is not shipped within the stipulated time then the amount should be automatically refunded.

Actually i could have brought that stuff from ebay, but by mistake was i thought pepperfry to be more professional. My experience with ebay is much better.

Seeing their facebook page, at least a sizeable amount of their customers are facing the issue with delayed delivery or no delivery at all, although there were others praising them for their prompt service. There were a couple of posts mentioning that their orders placed at around April 29 were yet to be delivered. So my issue seems to be NOT a one-off case. I have mailed them today. Expecting a response tomorrow.

EDIT: Just checked my mail, and found that they have replied. As expected, a message that was taken out from their "How to respond to customers' mails" textbook.

We regret for delay dispatch of your order.
This is in reference of your mail for order 985810. We will arrange to dispatch your order at earliest and you will receive a confirmation mail after dispatch of your order.
Thank you for your patience.

Back