CPU/Mobo X99 Motherboard required

Dont want to go OT, but my experience with ASUS has been great.

Got my board replaced M2N68SE with M2N68PLUS in one day. Just a few words with the manager did this for me. One SATA port was not working (there were two only on the board)
Got my ASUS N13 replaced when it stopped working (LAN port). Again, immediate replacement.

Now Gigabyte on the other hand - 6 months. C1037UN. Oh, and they were like its because of a PSU, when the same PSU (VIP brand) works fine with the Gigabyte G880 board I have. Maybe too much power?

The BS the consumer has to live with is because there is no feedback system where we can give poor ratings on which the management takes action.

I've more or less decided on the X99M WS-SE. It's the cheapest ASUS board available and while I did burn my fingers on the last one, it was more my screw up which covered theirs. Will just buy a wifi stick and when I want to upgrade the RAM i'll sell these sticks and buy a new kit. I've sadly waited too long and I just need to get this done ASAP now.[DOUBLEPOST=1470312808][/DOUBLEPOST]Great.. so ITDepot might not have it in stock even though their website mentions that it's ready for dispatch. I'm getting a SuperMicro C7X99-OCE at approx 26K
While they have a stellar reputation the 1 yr warranty has made me a little hesitant. Also it is sent to the US for any repairs, etc.

Last edited:
Great.. so due to unavailability looks like it might be the Gigabyte X99p-SLI since it has better reviews and reliability reports than the MSI boards.

FML...

Ordered the Gigabyte X99p-SLI from PRIME. Should be here by the end of today.

It's here..Just my luck I can't find any of my flash drives and have completely forgotten how to do all this...grrr

Last edited:
Which is better? Asus vs msi vs gigabyte?

I will be inclined towards asus due to obvious rog brand and also tons of variants to choose from but at the same time have seen dead asus mobos within 3 yrs which makes me feel a little hesitate to go for it. Hence the confusion.

The reason why I went with Gigabyte was because of the price:features was better than the Asus equivalents. With almost all the non Apple electronics that I've owned once a product has been sent in for RMA/repairs that's pretty much the end of it. Repeat problems unless it is a new/different piece.

Long story short, I managed to bend a few pins while trying to clean it thinking that was causing the board to malfunction. Because of my own stupidity Asus went scott free for their board dying on me. They don't have sockets in stock and the head office hasn't gotten back to them so far for a socket replacement which I agreed to pay for.
@dafreaking
PM me the following along with your name, contact number and email address-
Name of contact person:

Back