Xbox 360 Controller For PC - Rs.1350

Haddock

Adept
Just received my Xbox 360 Controller For Windows gamepad :D

Bought at Rs.1350

Bought it thru http://intencity.in/ [Pune] online shopping site.

Page link- http://intencity.in/itemselect.do?titemCode=358
Rs.1350 is darn cheap for this game pad
in bangalore, shops sell it at 2k, & @ chennai Rs.1700.
But if you're in chennai & want to buy Xbox 360 Controller, then just go to Delta Peripherals & buy it for Rs.1100/- :D
Gaming=>Deltapage.com
check the manufacture date when buying there, when i went there they had a 2006 packed controller.

i had a chat with intensity CC about mfg. date before placing an order.
Mines' Feb2010

I bought it thru intencity, coz i had already bought games from them & their service is awesome, packing was very good, with lots of bubble pack layer :p

thanks all:D

@Metalspree, for 1200/-, :O a year back :O :O

which shop/place dude? :D

-------------------------------------------------------------
I got one HUGE doubt-
i noticed the joysticks (both) dont return to their original position after moving them,
theres' a small freeplay in joystics, the racing games take even that small freeplay as input.

for example- in racing games, when i push/move the "right" joystick to right, the car in game will move to right,
but when i let go of the joystick, the car still slightly moves to right, as if the joystick is still being slightly pushed.

but no problems in GTA4, EFLC, GTA SA

is this a common problem? deadzone crap?

In calibration window, the axis doesnt center, sometimes its 47%, 52%...keeps varying when given the joystick a jerk.

will call MS CC tomorrow & get a replacement.

in NFS MW, which doesnt support deadzone adjustment, the car keeps turning left & moving forward :( (joystick as steering & throttle)

called XBOX support y'day 10am, they told me that due to system maintenance, they couldnt do RMA it at that time, they said they'll call me in 48hours.

no calls yet, if i get no calls, will have to call em again, this time i'll have to shout at them.
it was a pain in the ass just to get their CC #

didnt know which category this gamepad fell in, no #'s in MS H/w site, emailed to them & they gave USA #'s :p

finally tried XBOX site,

Customer Hotline:

Xbox Toll Free: 000-800-440-1179

Toll Free: 1800-11 11 00
(Please press 7 for Xbox Support.)

Toll Number: 080 40103000

Toll Free: 1800-102 1100

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 6.00pm

Intencity Prashanth helped me to get a possible replacement.

Sending the Controller to Distributor in Mumbai.

hope to get new non-defective replacement now :D

Don't worry. MS replacement happens within a weeks time. You should have got it done from the CC itself. They sent my replacement within 6 days of my complaint being registered. They sent a guy with the new controller and the same person took my old controller. It's a great controller with superb compatibility. It even supports a game as old as Silent Hill 2 (although not natively mapped).

thanks for the good news :D
yeah, its an awesome gamepad, thats why i bought this instead of logitech ones.

i didnt know about its analogue Triggers :D

now, finally i'm able to use precise braking in racing games & also in GTA4 :p

if you dont get force feedback in old games, install this small driver - direct input
original link- XInput

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

another doubt, does the Head phone jack work in your gamepad, guys?

I used a 3.5 to 2.5 converter, Windows 7 installed drivers for it, but the head phones didnt work, no sound at all, even tried to chane the sound card settings.

then i used my Nokia's headphones (2.5mm), still same result.

tested it in both Desktop & Laptop.

Just called the distributor, he said they've sent the controller to MS, & it might take a week for them to send back the controller or hopefully a replacement.

2 weeks total
1 week's over

if this isnt enough, there's still no sign of a MSI GTX 460 card. damn! :mad:

just now received the replacement.

& disappointed again :mad:

controller has the same issue, joystick having "free play".

but bigger than that is, the scratched serial number sticker, as if someone has tried remove/replace it.
scratched1a.jpg

refurbished replacement?

this game pad came in sealed brand new pack.

btw, this is Nov. 2009 packed & my original was Feb. 2010

i dont care about the mfg. date anymore. lol

MS CC on leave today.

The MS guy told me to get back the original gamepad if the distributor fails to get a RMA & then MS would send me a replacement from their side.
but on that sameday, the distributor got a replacement (this one) & couriered it.

one thing i learnt from this exp. is, buy MS product from their authorized shop/delaers, it'll save you off headaches like this.

Back