Xbox 360 countdown: Consolidated thread for news, reviews, info.

Blade_Runner

Skilled

The Xbox 360 launch is almost upon us. The Zero Hour is going to be 12:00 midnight on 21st. The launch is 22nd November. This is a consolidated thread for all news & info related to the Xbox 360.

You can catch the Xbox 360 screenshots thread below

Xbox 360 screenshot thread

The 360 specs:

Early Specs

Xbox 360 dissected

Xbox 360 Software and Services

Xbox 360 Guide: The Hardware

The games:

Microsoft's Xbox 360 will make you think twice about what games to buy this fall season. It's the first console in the next generation of systems, fully loaded with a multi-tasking interface, downloadable arcade games, full online access and multi-player gaming. The launch period will give gamers 19 titles from which to choose, ranging from racers to fighters, platformers, first-person shooters, Westerns, action games, and more. In this informative, concise guide, we've listed them all for you. Take a look at the 19-plus games shipping to Xbox 360 this year and indulge yourself in high resolution, 720p goodness. Once you do, you'll never go back.

The launch titles

Launch titles @ Gamespot

News:

Xbox 360 games already shipping

Rumor: Apple to nix iPod-Xbox 360 compatibility

Microsoft to sell 3 million 360s in 3 months?

IGN Editors' Choice: Top 10 Most Exciting 360 Games

Xbox 360 to be compatible with 200+ Xbox titles.

The Xbox 360 packages:

The core and the Full system cost 299$ and 399$ each. Choosing whether to buy an Xbox 360 at launch will be tough, especially since there will be two very different bundles: a full bundle equipped with all accessories for $399, and a more-basic system for $299. Find out which is right for you.

Choose the right system

The launch party:

T-minus thirteen days and counting. Huh? So what’s the big deal with November 20, 2005? It may be two days before the Xbox 360 hits retailers in North America, but that’s exactly when the real launch of Microsoft’s next console takes off.

Launch party details

Videos for xbox 360:

Xbox-attitude

Xboxyde

Be sure to check out the gameplay videos.

Misc Links:

23 eerie parallels between Xbox 360 and the Sega Dreamcast.

Production line pics:

Excellent thread mate!!!!

You rock!!!!

Just cant wait for the 360 release ...

Hope it gets here at reasonable prices and gets modded quickly :D.

Regards,

DC.

drool smack.........can't wait 4 it man!!!!!!!!!it is simply goin to out do PS3 by a far margin (wonder wat goldie will say abt this :p )

360 will have something lined up to counter ps3's launch. For now, yes 360 will get a super lead in the market.
I'm caught in the dilemna again :S i'll have to wait and see the state of things after both ps3 and 360 settle and then take a decision.

Best of luck in getting the 360 in the first 2 months cause every site is all sold out in pre-orders and there r even pre-orders going up till january:S ,I already gave an advance to a guy here who said he will get the console to me at any cost(the full package wid 2 original game cds).Tht's when I found out the info tht u should also pay for the live subscription if u wanna play online:( whereas my real dream console Ahem..the PS3!!! won't be having any dumb charges like tht:cool2: .

Yup i's true tht bill gates is gonna use every under handed dirty trick to ensure tht the ps3 will fail at it's launch date and tht's by releasing HALO 3!

Me being a hardcore fan of playstation but since I am going to get both consoles,I only have this to say......BRING IT ON 360!!!BRING IT ON!!!:chair:

Well online sites aren't the only ones, the "offline" stores are being allocated packages as well. Also if ps2 online experience is anything to go by the ps3 online mp will suck as well since it isn't intergrated so well like xbox live.

I bet along with halo launch there might be a price drop to rain on the ps3 debut. The xbox 360 has a very good advantage of being first of the next gen consoles for almost a year right now.

PS: Tentative pricing is said to be around 30k+ officially once the console is introduced here. in grey market the pricing should be around 25k+. This is still unconfirmed though. The consoles should start arriving here in december unofficially.

I have no idea whether the PS2 online sucks but if u compared it to games like Halo and it's sequel,then I can say it sucks,but try out the multiplayer of Timesplitters 3(intensely fast,makes u have fun:hap2: )u will enjoy it a lot.

As long as u don't have to pay for the Live subscription(which 360 has),then I would say ps3 has a better chance in online multiplayer if it can produce games which can beat Halo(dun even call killzone as halo killer,it's more like a halo killer wannabe).

All in all,I'm gonna get both,mostly by Nov 26th or 27th(I'll be getting the 360):hap5: .Tht's the day my bro is even taking a leave frm his work to play:rofl:.To me the ps2 multiplayer isn't bad but I have never tried the Xbox multiplayer since this would be my first Xbox console.

Darthcoder said:
Whats with the HDTV stuff??
Will one need a HDTV to view the games effectively or a normal TV will do??

DC.

Course it'll work on normal TV's. HDTV's are only there to make it better looking. For example any TV that supports DVD-Component input, ps2 looks upto 10x nicer on it than on normal HDTV's and Normal TV's.

hmm....i have a few questions here....the new xbox 360looks cool and the screenshots are just amazing.
but those are with HDTV rite?
do you think its worth a buy if say one has an OLD tv(just like most of us here in india do).??
ONE way is to conenct the 360 to the PC Monitor.(with the appropriate cable)
ne other way?
or am i getting this totally wrong ??
will the GFX be clearly notable on normal TV's too?
thankx:)

Normal TV's can't do anything above 640x480.
HDTV is 720p (1280x720).

So it will probably look like a ps2 game with hi-res textures and much better lighting, but with all the clarity lost behind a mess of scanlines inturn severely degrading the effects of the said hi-res textures and lighting.

Better to play on a monitor with a hi-quality vga out if you don't own an hdtv.

Back