Xbox 360 Halo Edition

Smooke

Recruit
I just bought this console last week because I heard they put a new chip in this console to prevent freezing and the three rings of death. Rich i had on my first generation 360 ...which I'm selling

I find the console to be much quieter but i can't seem to find anything on the internet to say that a new chip was put in it ...I've just heard rumours from reliable sources, such as friends who are big into video gaming and keep their knowledge up to date with video gaming.

Smooke said:
I just bought this console last week because I heard they put a new chip in this console to prevent freezing and the three rings of death. Rich i had on my first generation 360 ...which I'm selling

I find the console to be much quieter but i can't seem to find anything on the internet to say that a new chip was put in it ...I've just heard rumours from reliable sources, such as friends who are big into video gaming and keep their knowledge up to date with video gaming.

Umm, a few of them have the new chips.
Take a look at this

Xbox.com

That may help you figure out if your system has the Falcon chip or the older one.

Check the lot number. If you got 734 or higher then its a Falcon chip. If its lower then it does not have a Falcon, but the same old 90nm Processor on a redesinged mobo tailored to allow more airflow to the GPU HSF and minimize the chance of an RRoD occuring.

If you bought the console in India (Official PAL Edition), then you most likely have one from the 732 batch. India is the dumping ground for old stock which will not sell anywhere else and they even manage to make more money out of it than elsewhere.

well ...the easiest way to find out whether its a falcon or not is to look for the wattage ( or power usage )of the box, if its 203watts then you have got the old chip , if 174 watts then Voila !! its a falcon (its printed on the packaging so no need to open it either.) but you wont be able to find one in india .. as they dump all old units in india . I didnt find any console with a manufacturing date later then nov 2006 in all the retail stores I visited in bangalore ( except halo3 edition console but that too wasnt a falcon ) ..
To tell you long story short Microshaft sucks !!

Damn :mad: f*#%ed up by microshaft again! Look at my Halo3 xbox! Its not a damn falcon dude.....

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc! :mad:

Yo! that sewing book ain't mine its my wife's :ashamed:

Attachments

• DSC00698.JPG
    DSC00698.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC00699.JPG
    DSC00699.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 125
Pichingo said:
Damn :mad: f*#%ed up by microshaft again! Look at my Halo3 xbox! Its not a damn falcon dude.....

lolz

didnt even notice it till u said

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :p

Pichingo said:

Relax the console has a three year warranty against RROD you will be fine. Just dont get it modded. My five month old plain vanilla version is doing OK.

Now quit worrying and sew up my socks. :D

m47r1m said:
Relax the console has a three year warranty against RROD you will be fine. Just dont get it modded. My five month old plain vanilla version is doing OK.

Now quit worrying and sew up my socks. :D

:rofl:
Dude, buy some socks and trim your toe nails.:)

When I bought the Halo 3 Xbox, I first went to Planet M and saw that it was the older one. Then I went to JJ Mehta and he too had the older one. I don't think the falcon one is available in India !

BF1983 said:
When I bought the Halo 3 Xbox, I first went to Planet M and saw that it was the older one. Then I went to JJ Mehta and he too had the older one. I don't think the falcon one is available in India !

No, its all old stock. When the Falcon based Halo 3 Special Edition came out, Microsoft knew that no one in Europe would be willing to get the old non-Falcon model, so the old stock in there was replaced by the new Falcon Models and old stock was dumped in countries like India.

Lord Nemesis said:
No, its all old stock. When the Falcon based Halo 3 Special Edition came out, Microsoft knew that no one in Europe would be willing to get the old non-Falcon model, so the old stock in there was replaced by the new Falcon Models and old stock was dumped in countries like India.

Ah man, now I wish I bought a PS3 ! At least we get whatever is selling in the US and Europe even though we have to pay a higher price here ! :mad:

Back