XBOX Experts: Need help updating my Jtag console

Pat

Skilled
Noob Alert!!
I don't know much when it comes to console modding. I have a XBOX White Console (presumably the one with Xenon chipset as per this http://www.repairmy360.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/xbox-360-psu.jpg) which has been Jtagged nearly 3 years back. I am not that much of a gamer but I want to still have a console for playing some of the newer games.

My question is: How can I update my Jtagged Xbox to have the latest dashboard so as to play the newer games? I see there are two options:

a. Update XBOX keeping Jtag intact (So I can continue running homebrew):
Any guides on how to do this? Should I do this myself? I consider myself pretty geeky, I am a noob only when it comes to consoles :)

b. Update XBOX to the latest official update and lose Jtag:
Again the most important question here is, can I just update my XBOX in its current state to the latest official update? I understand I will lose JTAG but will XBOX continue working with original games after the update? I am just scared that an official update might just brick my XBOX.

Please advice.

^^Thanks. Up until yesterday, I didnt know how to get a NAND backup. Spent close to 5 hours yesterday understanding everything. After a long, long time, the geek inside me was having a lot of fun. I managed to get my NAND backup using Flash360 and updated it using XE-Build GUI. JRunner gave me a lot of headache but XEBuild worked smooth. My XBOX now runs the latest 16203 update. :)

Back