XBOX : taken apart then modded it :D

Pixel

Adept
I had taken my xbox apart, got a conventional dvd-rom attached to it as the oem rom doenst read "cheap" dvd-r/dvd-rw/cd-rw .. i haev also loaded a different dashboard - XBOX Media Center.. and my next mod is a bigger HDD, HDD fan + 80mm rear fan, usb ports..

Why DVD rom (Brand and Serial no) are u using. Even I need to change mine, as it keeps on giving reading errors on Moser Baers DVDs.

@Uh-Oh : as i mentioned my OEM dvd-rom is very finicky, it reads only certain media.. ive attached my ASUS Quiet TRack 16xDVD-ROM which not only reads all media, but loads games much faster!

final question. Is the DVD rom perfectly fine without any compatibility problems? If no, then I myself will buy 1. I need to complete Tomb Raiders Legends and the stupid thing is giving me reading errors after I have complete 48% of the game. Cant afford to leave the game half way.

@uh-oh : dvd-rom that is.. and maybe the usb port mod and lets c what else.. i heard there was some sound card mod where u can enable thx dolby or something similar..

@evilution : no problem at all mate :D

Back