Xiaomi has launched Mi TV Q1 75" - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Extremely underwhelming panel. I would for sure give this a pass. Aside from size for price - there is nothing good about this TV. Colors washed out, whites are off. Save your money and buy something else if you're a stickler for picture quality - Just look at the YouTube logo in the below video -

Having said that - on paper this is a very VFM product if you just want a big tv and don't care much for picture/panel quality.
True, if the requirement is Big Screen only, then go for it, otherwise invest 20 or 30 more and get LG OLED with GSYNC+FREESYNC+VRR. But yeah that will be 55 inch only.

I have no idea about this tv but I have MI TV 4A Pro 32 inch at home and it's picture quality isn't great at all. Looks like faded colors.
Compared to this I have a Onida fire tv edition which has very nice picture quality.

Watching on youtube and not accounting for camera and your mobile screen, you were able to write off the TV panel without any doubts whatsoever? That level of unfounded confidence in your review without actually finding out details just shows how inept it is
Please tell me what makes you so sure the picture quality on this panel is pristine?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not considering buying it nor do I like/dislike it. I already bought a projector few months back and already have a vu 65 inch tv at home.

If you are actually interested in knowing more about the panel i suggest you watch eu reviews of the same tv, there are few early thoughts on other forums like hifivision. None of them are biased because of the name of the brand

Last edited by a moderator:
Extremely underwhelming panel. I would for sure give this a pass. Aside from size for price - there is nothing good about this TV. Colors washed out, whites are off. Save your money and buy something else if you're a stickler for picture quality - Just look at the YouTube logo in the below video -

Having said that - on paper this is a very VFM product if you just want a big tv and don't care much for picture/panel quality.
Lol you can't be more wrong, obviously if you want the best of the best and have double or triple the money lying around you do not want this TV but this is not a bad panel, check other reviews too and wait for owner reviews from hifivision before calling it shit. It's definitely not that great for gaming and you should look for other options if console gaming is your priority.
I have no idea about this tv but I have MI TV 4A Pro 32 inch at home and it's picture quality isn't great at all. Looks like faded colors.
Compared to this I have a Onida fire tv edition which has very nice picture quality.
This is a completely different product. Don't go blindly by the brand name, every brand has products ranging from good to bad to shit. Even the same model Mi Q1 55 inch is a different product which is not that great compared to this.

Last edited:

Can you please substantiate your claims, have you experienced the panel in first person? What are you comparing it to? On paper the features and real estate is disruptive.

I found this video informative -

it's possible they could get one but Xiaomi's target market doesn't include USA so not sure. Rtings has a page to request review but it includes only models available in USA .

it's possible they could get one but Xiaomi's target market doesn't include USA so not sure. Rtings has a page to request review but it includes only models available in USA .
Aren't they based out of Europe and not usa? This tv was first launched in Europe from what I have read

Aren't they based out of Europe and not usa? This tv was first launched in Europe from what I have read
I checked the request section in rtings where we can vote for their next TV reviews. It said we can only request reviews for models available in USA so I thought they're based in USA.

@Jasku I don't think anyone on this thread that is hyping this product has experienced it in person. How can they substantiate its quality and call it good?
The reviews I have seen lead me to believe that it is not up to the mark. The video you have posted is by a youtuber that has reviewed all of "1" TV in his career and I am supposed to take your and his word? The product will inevitably sell well because of it's price and feature set, but as I have mentioned may not be good for someone that is used to high picture quality which should be most people on a tech enthusiast forum.

@rockstah Please don't misquote me - I did not call the panel bad or shit. I called it underwhelming and I stand by what I said.

Seriously I don't think you guys have seen the video I posted, else we wouldn't be having this discussion. The god damn YouTube logo is pixelated and messed up.

Please show me a comparison to a LG/Samsung/Sony that shows this is even in the same league! you can't! I've said it in my earlier post this is value for money if you're not a stickler for quality!

Comparing Mi with Sony / LG / Samsung would be dumb as those are in different league. I have a Sony Z series 46 Inch TV bought back in 2010 (46 inch was really big then and costly) and I got from gray market for 1.1L when its showroom price was 1.7L I think. Still works great after 11 years and PQ is great.

This TV definitely will sell well owing to its price but if you are someone who wants great experience and long term usage, better to fork more money and get better brands.

This is personal opinion only and I have no actual experience with this TV at all but do own a cheaper Mi TV.

I don't think anyone on this thread that is hyping this product has experienced it in person. How can they substantiate its quality and call it good?
On what basis, have you passed the below comments then? On what basis have you stated "facts". You have formed opinions based on reviews you saw, they dont become facts, just like it doesn't apply to the other side.
It isn't my review! What I've said is a fact.

Well, I am not sure if you have trouble with comprehension, but I did not make sweeping statements like you (above), merely asked for substantiation, for which you have provided none. Also, I can also question the credentials of the video you posted, large number of subscribers/reviews, doesnt mean its authentic.
The video you have posted is by a youtuber that has reviewed all of "1" TV in his career and I am supposed to take your and his word?

At the price point with the real estate and features, this TV is disruptive and probably the best option for an all round TV that would let you game and consume media.

@rockstah Please don't misquote me - I did not call the panel bad or shit. I called it underwhelming and I stand by what I said.

Seriously I don't think you guys have seen the video I posted, else we wouldn't be having this discussion. The god damn YouTube logo is pixelated and messed up.

Yes I've seen the video you've posted even before you posted it and even they said at the end the display as "amazing"

And YouTube logo being pixelated and messy, you may wanna ask Google about that because all Android TVs render UI at 1080p resolution sadly.
Please show me a comparison to a LG/Samsung/Sony that shows this is even in the same league! you can't! I've said it in my earlier post this is value for money if you're not a stickler for quality!
Please do show me a 75 inch LG/Samsung/Sony with similar panel/features anywhere near 1.2L. Your so called "quality" from "quality brands" can only do so much as they're all imported and so exorbitantly priced which is what makes this TV Value for money. But since it's vfm or cheaper that doesn't make it bad, even if you compare it to it's closest rival from top 3 brands that are 1L extra (I'm not even gonna talk about the ones priced 6L+) it still will hold its own and not be "extremely underwhelming" as you're making it be.

Unless you can prove it is "extremely underwhelming" compared to its closest rivals from top 3 brands, you can't call it facts from watching a single video.

Rtings is based in Montreal, Canada and they only review the products available in North America.
On what basis, have you passed the below comments then? On what basis have you stated "facts". You have formed opinions based on reviews you saw, they dont become facts, just like it doesn't apply to the other side.

Well, I am not sure if you have trouble with comprehension, but I did not make sweeping statements like you (above), merely asked for substantiation, for which you have provided none. Also, I can also question the credentials of the video you posted, large number of subscribers/reviews, doesnt mean its authentic.

At the price point with the real estate and features, this TV is disruptive and probably the best option for an all round TV that would let you game and consume media.
The reality is that you will never know. Most YT India reviewers will simply provide subjective statements as they don't have the equipment or knowledge to test the panel. I remember few calling the OnePlus panel as mind-blowing when in fact it was an old entry-level Samsung panel. Most of them are paid to endorse, so these products will always get 4-5 out of 5 in all Indian reviews.

To be fair, Mi hasn't been using the best panels for its TVs. The use of misleading marketing terms such as "120 Hz" when it is using MEMC to achieve the same and 10-bit colour depth when it in fact using 8-bit+FRC are meant to make it look better than it is. Wouldn't be surprised if the "upto 1000 nits" is also in an impractical setting.

It simply indicates that it is not a top-end panel since even mid-range Samsung TVs have true 10-bit, 120 Hz support. Also, at the end of the day, Sony, Samsung, LG have also built up software expertise over several years that allows them to deal much better with upscaling and motion smoothing while nearly all Chinese TVs mess up. But yeah, this is intended for people who will go for the size.

Yes I've seen the video you've posted even before you posted it and even they said at the end the display as "amazing"

And YouTube logo being pixelated and messy, you may wanna ask Google about that because all Android TVs render UI at 1080p resolution sadly.

Please do show me a 75 inch LG/Samsung/Sony with similar panel/features anywhere near 1.2L. Your so called "quality" from "quality brands" can only do so much as they're all imported and so exorbitantly priced which is what makes this TV Value for money. But since it's vfm or cheaper that doesn't make it bad, even if you compare it to it's closest rival from top 3 brands that are 1L extra (I'm not even gonna talk about the ones priced 6L+) it still will hold its own and not be "extremely underwhelming" as you're making it be.

Unless you can prove it is "extremely underwhelming" compared to its closest rivals from top 3 brands, you can't call it facts from watching a single video.
I think it is best you invest some money in a dictionary. You obviously don't seem to understand English. I never made a comparison on price - Just quality. You are now repeating what I am saying.
  1. The TV is VFM and that is why it will sell
  2. You can't compare it to LG/Samsung/Sony
So now you want me to prove it is "extremely underwhelming" - Do you know what the word underwhelming means?. You must also prove to everyone why the display is amazing !

If you like the TV - Buy it and ignore my comments because they obviously go above your head.

Last edited:
Back