Xiaomi India Battery Replacement Service Feedback

I recently replaced the battery in my wife's 2021 poco m3 as the battery had totally died. New battery has great life and has been working fine for the past few months

Why wont mi official batteries last long? Are they selling sub par ones when compared to the one that came with the phone.
Or is it just something that local repair guys say.
Phone is 4yrs old now and parts is an issue. Batteries aren't new ones, but old ones stocked since many years.
And as they say...original is the actual original, anything thereafter is just a close match.

Phone is 4yrs old now and parts is an issue. Batteries aren't new ones, but old ones stocked since many years.
And as they say...original is the actual original, anything thereafter is just a close match.
Wth, didnt know they were gonna sell me old stock

I want to replace battery of my Redmi note 7 pro and when I approached MI sc they said ignore online rates as now rates have inflated and he quoted me 1.8k for the battery.
I walked-into few local shops and they offered me batteries ranging 800 bucks to 1400 and said even MI so called original batteries wont last long as the original ones which got shipped with the phone.

Still not finding time to get it replaced..

Beware
So he did quick fix "bypassed the bms module using jumper" for ₹200
this was my assumption.
He soldered wire from battery +ve or -ve terminal and soldered to motherboard directly.
mobile is working perfectly.
max input is 18 watt (tested with 18 watt, 27 watt 33watt and i have 67 watt poco f5 charger)
battery working great no problems. any local repairer can tell what exactly he did.

My redmi note 8 pro is also not able to stay awake long.. since it's 4 years old I am in a dilemma whether to replace the battery or phone.. there is no performance related issue with the phone.. even the camera and display is pretty decent for the age of the device.. what's your suggestion as it is a sealed device I am sceptical about the finish while repacking the device.... Do the Service center do a good job while replacing the battery?

My redmi note 8 pro is also not able to stay awake long.. since it's 4 years old I am in a dilemma whether to replace the battery or phone.. there is no performance related issue with the phone.. even the camera and display is pretty decent for the age of the device.. what's your suggestion as it is a sealed device I am sceptical about the finish while repacking the device.... Do the Service center do a good job while replacing the battery?
First check if service center has the battery in stock as in my case they had no part in stock and ordering it will cost more than 3 weeks.

On after market batteries or parts, the locals do the job just fine and in fact these days you dont even have to keep your phone with them for few days, they replace everything in front of you and work is done just within an hour or two so this ensures you can actually see how they handle stuff, replace and pack and you can poke them when required.

My redmi note 8 pro is also not able to stay awake long..
need more information.
do you mean screen timeout or battery life?
try resetting your device 1st.
then use it normally.

check battery health using battery guru app.
discharge completely and charge from 1% to 100% 2-3 times.
this will show battery health. everything is mentioned in the app.

you can calibrate your battery you will get some extra capacity.
Battery Calibration app
(New mobile or new battery)

Calibrate Your Battery
- Use your phone normally till it dies off automatically.
- Plug it into the charger and leave it charging for 2h while it's still off.
- Turn it on, calibrate the battery (https://xdaforums.com/attachments/daltonbrothers-batterycalibrationpro-1-4-apk.5763989/) (app) then unplug your phone and use it normally until it dies again.
- Plug it into the charger and leave it charging for 2h while it's still off.
- Turn it on, calibrate the battery (app) again (https://xdaforums.com/attachments/daltonbrothers-batterycalibrationpro-1-4-apk.5763989/) and unplug it, enjoy
since it's 4 years old I am in a dilemma whether to replace the battery or phone.. there is no performance related issue with the phone.. even the camera and display is pretty decent for the age of the device..
using note 4 from 6.5+ yrs
not changed battery. I will change now.
battery guru app shows. 2400 mAh health capacity..
what's your suggestion as it is a sealed device
I opened redmi note 4 the day it arrived.
Just to look at insight.
It is easy for repairs for normal user as back panel is press fitted.
I am sceptical about the finish while repacking the device.... Do the Service center do a good job while replacing the battery?
depends on service center technician and his mood and time of the day.
overall 50%+ you get good service in repacking mostly in cities.

Or you can buy battery if it's available with service charges and gst prices from service center
And do it yourself.

i have been running a 7-8YO mi phone with multiple replaced batteries. got the original battery only once or twice in the beginning, and thereafter only aftermarket ones. not much difference between the orig & 3rd-party ones. my experience has been that every 6-10 months i have had to get the battery replaced. and at times had to also get the newly fitted battery replaced with some other brand's as i found the previous one to be discharging quicker. all this may differ in your case depending on the usage. as @nRiTeCh said technicians these days are usually more competent. i used to go to 3-4 of them and found one of them to be the best and i settled with him for all this & any other required repairs eventually (who fortunately happens to be near my home too).

i have been running a 7-8YO mi phone with multiple replaced batteries. got the original battery only once or twice in the beginning, and thereafter only aftermarket ones. not much difference between the orig & 3rd-party ones. my experience has been that every 6-10 months i have had to get the battery replaced. and at times had to also get the newly fitted battery replaced with some other brand's as i found the previous one to be discharging quicker. all this may differ in your case depending on the usage. as @nRiTeCh said technicians these days are usually more competent. i used to go to 3-4 of them and found one of them to be the best and i settled with him for all this & any other required repairs eventually (who fortunately happens to be near my home too).

My Redmi Note 9 pro is 3.5 years old. Everything works fine, only the battery started showing abnormal behaviour. It's draining fast & phone is restarting constantly without a charger. So should I go to service centre for "original battery" that'll cost me around 1500 with 3months warranty or go to some local shop that cost 600 with 6 months warranty?

Also I read an article and tweet that Mi battery replacement should be around 499*. But I don't know why people won't talk about it.

Even tho battery costs 499, total comes to this.
Screenshot_2024-03-12-17-05-44-683_com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro.png

3rd party batteries which are available in India cannot match the performance of original OEM batteries till now.
But the scene is slowly changing as many homegrown companies have ventured into battery manufacturing.

for now, if original battery is available for your phone model, then it is the best choice to opt for.

All iPhones battery replacements are under 2k once you go to any popular 3rd party repair individuals, and they perform just like OEM. +-10%

3rd party batteries which are available in India cannot match the performance of original OEM batteries till now.
But the scene is slowly changing as many homegrown companies have ventured into battery manufacturing.

for now, if original battery is available for your phone model, then it is the best choice to opt for.
So I got the replacement done from official service centre, @awestorr was right. Got charged 1118. 3 months warranty.

But I got a new information, they talked the name of the battery as Bn52, so I googled it on Amazon which cost the same as around 1100, but with a 6 months warranty.

This means, these mi service centre people are also replacing with a different brand rather than an OEM.

Local shops that replace the battery reuse the old gasket and don't use the right tools. If your back is glass, there is risk of breaking and your seal will never be as good, and your back cover will come off abruptly one fine day as it did to me.
I'm happy dishing out 500 rs more to get a genuine battery and the confidence that my phone is not going to fall apart

Back