Xiaomi Mi 4i pre-orders begin!

AMG

Skilled
Mi 4i unveiled at inaugural global launch event. It comes with a 5-inch Sharp/JDI 1080p Full HD display, with 1920x1080 resolution with 441 PPI, and a high-capacity 3120mAh battery which is 38% more than most phones in its class. The Mi 4i also features a Sony / Samsung 13MP f/2.0 rear and 5MP f/1.8 front camera, 4G dual-SIM, dual-standby, 2nd generation Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core 64-bit processor 1.7GHz, 2GB LPDDR3 RAM and 16GB Flash, running MIUI 6 on Android 5.0.

Available for Rs. 12,999, first sale for Mi 4i (white) happens 30 Apr on Flipkart, and registration starts tonight at 8pm on flipkart.com/mi

Source: Official facebook page https://www.facebook.com/MiIndiaOfficial/posts/1613697278844837

^
Works only on Xiaomi phones?
No, it works with all Android devices with 4.4+ and iOS devices with iOS7 and above. I am definitely buying one.

Xiaomi kind of stole Asus' thunder yesterday. The Mi4i is a good phone to pitch against the 15k Zenfone 2. I'm not sure how the new SD 615 fares against the Z3560, but the Mi4i should have a significantly better camera.

That 16GB storage is an absolute crippler, though.

Whats interesting here is they say they are using Snapdragon 615 2nd gen?
I wonder how the 2nd gen 615 has improved upon the 1st gen, hope the thermals are better.

I m really confused between zenfone 2 and Mi 4i. Mi4i is perfet fit for me except no sd card.12gb user memory is too less.And Zenfone 2 5.5" screen is something i dont like

I m really confused between zenfone 2 and Mi 4i. Mi4i is perfet fit for me except no sd card.12gb user memory is too less.And Zenfone 2 5.5" screen is something i dont like

Mi 4i support OTG. So it may alleviate the expandable storage problem.

I for one am going for Mi 4i. I don't consume much media on my phone. So 16 gb is good enough for me :)

Interesting phone!

The one thing that is holding me back from owning a xiaomi is the lack of encryption support for my office emails... any idea if this is going to change with the newer phone models?

The Phone unlocking feature works with Miui 5 on 4.4.4 too. In fact it's gotten better over time. Though remember you need Bluetooth on all the time and that definitely has an effect on the battery life.

Can anyone confirm if Mi Band works with 4.4.2 or does it need 4.4.4
It works on all 4.4+ versions.
The Phone unlocking feature works with Miui 5 on 4.4.4 too. In fact it's gotten better over time. Though remember you need Bluetooth on all the time and that definitely has an effect on the battery life.
No. It has its own memory. You can sync with the phone afterwards. So no need to keep Bluetooth always on. Also most phones now comes with Bluetooth 4.0, which is very light on battery usage.

Last edited:
It works on all 4.4+ versions.

No. It has its own memory. You can sync with the phone afterwards. So no need to keep Bluetooth always on. Also most phones now comes with Bluetooth 4.0, which is very light on battery usage.

Err... it needs bluetooth to be on to unlock the phone..

Hugo Barra guides us through the inside of a Mi 4i
http://www.androidauthority.com/hugo-barra-mi-4i-teardown-604453/

Barra offers an interesting perspective on some of the engineering decisions taken with the Mi 4i. Such as making room for the rather large 3,120 mAh battery, avoiding compromises on the position of key components, and how the company stops the rear camera from protruding from the phone’s back.

The compact nature of the motherboard and accommodating dual-SIM slots explains why the Mi 4i doesn’t feature a microSD card expansion port. Barra also clarified that the 16GB internal memory leaves 10.9GB available for user apps and media. The company is also looking at user feedback to see if there’s demand for a 64GB model in the future. The phone also doesn’t feature Gorilla Glass 3, but has a custom glass solution designed by Corning for equal scratch resistance, but perhaps not quite the same strength, given its thin depth.

I would choose to avoid the mi4i and rather wait for the mi5. They would have probably heard the rant of all Indians. Nearly 90% of the rants in the facebook was on the SD card issue.
But seriously, Just think whether you really want to upgrade your existing phone!!!!!

Back