Xiaomi Mi3 launched - Stunning 14k price

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why is Flipkart trying to create this kind of artificial demand??? They knew the response from the 1st sale..Why not bring in at least 50K units?

Use Flipkart app...its faster. Showed me 1 min of buy it now then sold out in 2 min. They are releasing 10k batches...they should at least put around 50k phones at a time. India is a huge market almost equal to China and selling phone 10k phones per batch is useless & annoying.

BTW I got in 1st sale...was trying to order for a friend.

Dear friend 'psdatta2005' directed his order to me. Many Thanks !!
How did he do that? I had no idea this could be done.

Same here.. I logged in on both the site and phone app from 1:30, it was out of stock around 2:01pm already. Think I gotta give up on this phone... Should I say hello Asus now or wait for one more chance .. very disappointing indeed. I even got a mail from flipkart regarding how to buy.

The sale actually started around 1.58 pm not 2.00. My phone app suddenly said at aruond 1.58 that I could buy one. So clicked the link in my phone and my the web browser....It failed once. tried again....out of stock on the browser but the phone as still loading.....then all of a sudden the payment page appeareD!

Another thing I would like to share. My friend and I were both able to buy today! but not the last round.

The one thing we did in common. "calling fk customer care to confirm if we were still registered" ....that apparently somehow "kept" aside products for us as I igota message saying that the item could not be added to my basket but was kept in reserve for me :wideyed: It maybe nothing but also could be something. I really don't knw.... maybe we got lucky and were fastest finger first:D

But why is Flipkart trying to create this kind of artificial demand??? They knew the response from the 1st sale..Why not bring in at least 50K units?
FK isn't bringing the units, Xiaomi is. And yes, artificial demand, though they are also testing waters. Demand from the customer side can be artificial too. As a company operating on hair line margins, it's a wonderful idea. No dead stocks.

i heard from a friend who has knows someone working in flipkart -this is due to the exclusive deal they have with Motorola-the plan is the ones pissed with waiting shall buy the moto G, if they keep a regular fully stocked sale of Mi3, nobody would buy the moto G and it would suffer. this buffered sale is attracting a lot of traffic to the website and hence people who wont want to wait /impulse buy shall buy the next best alternative(in this case most probably the mtoto or the asus).
i can't confirm or verify this-but this is what i heard!

this buffered sale is attracting a lot of traffic to the website and hence people who wont want to wait /impulse buy shall buy the next best alternative(in this case most probably the mtoto or the asus).

Hmm.. yea I was thinking the same thing. This is especially valid considering the 2 next best choices (moto & Asus) are also being sold 'exclusively' by Flipkart.

Xiaomi is actually making a fool outta themselves now. And No I'm not a mad guy who was willing to buy the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back