Xiaomi Redmi 1S goes on sale on Flipkart for Rs. 5999

So what's the final verdict for the Redmi 1s ? Worth buying for a average user ?
Have the various issues - heating , bad memory management etc been addressed as of today ?
Would like to hear from TE Redmi owner/users.

Someone I know wants to buy it. Or would Android One be a better buy ?
Software - Android One or Moto E
Hardware - Redmi
If strictly asking for an Average User then better with Android One or Moto E because the software quirks on Redmi needs sometime to be ironed out, ofcourse I never faced any heating or multi-tasking problems but its my backup phone and not much in use but if you are in love with the High specs of Hardware and can manage till the software smoothens out then the better choice is Redmi, explain it to your friend and then let him/her decide.

I really wonder if there was 40000, 60000 handsets in the previous sale of redmi 1s !!
Because today they have 150000 units for sale. the sale started at 8am. 40minutes has been passed, still the redmi 1s is in stock.:)
yeah and this time around, giving a 5% discount plus the cashback of 10%(assuming 10k spend), it works out to be around 5.1k

They didn't advertise it so a lot of people don't know i guess. Also, with all the other deals going on people seem to be distracted.

Redmi 1s available on flipkart wih "Buy Now" button enabled! Available with offers as well!

5 OFFERSView Details »

• Get 5% cashback as a Flipkart e-Gift Voucher (price shown is inclusive of this offer). View T&C

• Free Sim Tray on purchase of this product.View T&C

• Free ScreenGaurd on purchase of this product.View T&C

• Extra 10% Off with Standard Chartered Cards. Min Txn size: Rs.7500. Max Discount per Txn: Rs.1500View T&C

• Extra 10% Cashback with Citibank Cards. Min Txn size: Rs.10000. Max Cashback per Txn: Rs.2000View T&C

Bought one more Redmi. From the minimal usage I had of the phone - its OK for normal usage. Heating up issues are there even in the latest ROM.

It looks like no one wants the 1s anymore! Its still in stock! All of them who were bickering seem to not even be bothered to buy it when its available now without any hassle!!

Guess everyone prefers Mi3 over 1s. I added one to cart on impulse, but decided not to go ahead with purchase. Not that I need a new phone right now.

I dont know that its just me but i have never felt any heating issues oon my Redmi though i have installed a Custom MIUI ROM from chinese forum. I had a S2 prior to Redmi and it heated much more than Redmi while playing games. ( I usually play COC and Subway Surfer). I think this phone is much better than any other phone in the Price range of 10k. Hope all the software issues will be ironed out in the future releases.

Should sell better once winter is here. LOL.[DOUBLEPOST=1412583423][/DOUBLEPOST]Has this model Redmi been sold anywhere else ? Why is this issue (heating) cropping up now ?

That's coz of the overclocking of the processor from 1.2GHz to 1.6GHz. Nothing else.

Guessing this is going to be the final sale for RedMI 1s on Oct 2014, before they bring in the RedMI Note!
There is 1,00,000 pieces of the 1s on this sale, though no confirmation on whether it will be final or not, but RedMI Note is in the pipeline, release expected soon enough!
There is a chance that they would even pull of a SALE just in time for DIWALI for the RedMI Note

So India is the first country to get the 1.6G model ?

I guess we are the first to get a Fake 1.6 Ghz (overclocked processor). I guess people in China (and elsewhere??) got a different processor which is capable of natively running at 1.6 Ghz while ours is not so they overclock and sell it to give same speed (and hence it heats and does all sort of messy stuff sometimes).

I'm waiting excitedly for the mi pad, hope they launch it soon!
Did you try v41? Redmi working pretty flawlessly most of the times now, I can't complain about almost anything now-maybe a good design that's all it lacks! That's how good it it.

Back