Xiaomi Redmi 1S goes on sale on Flipkart for Rs. 5999

Got Both 1S Thanks for sharing :)[DOUBLEPOST=1415984325][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi guys need one for my mom, could anyone help me get one. I'm fine for even next week's sale! Tia
@daredevil .... Is it possible mate?
WILL do it for u next week

i may have 2 in my cart :)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="jaydipmori, post:

i may have 2 in my cart :)[/QUOTE]
Thanx mate, but let me confirm. @Daredvil has already confirmed that he shall be ordering for me, so don't want to double orders to get through. Thanx for the help!

Sorry for the OT guys. But @jaydipmori , since you've bought so many handsets for friends and family, could you please share how many of them are complaining about heating issues? I'm curious. Given the demand from your end, it seems every one of them is pretty happy. I've updated from ver 36 to 41 to 45 without luck. So I'm surprised people with prior usage experience are still going for it.

Just one word bro :) from past experience of cell owned by my frnds and family the 1s way better than all and no one complain me about heating issues ever :)

Sorry for the OT guys. But @jaydipmori , since you've bought so many handsets for friends and family, could you please share how many of them are complaining about heating issues? I'm curious. Given the demand from your end, it seems every one of them is pretty happy. I've updated from ver 36 to 41 to 45 without luck. So I'm surprised people with prior usage experience are still going for it.

IMO the best miui version is v37 , all the versions released after the 37 have got very high battery draining problem. V37 easily gives 5+ hrs screen on while the v41 barely gives 3hrs.

Just one word bro :) from past experience of cell owned by my frnds and family the 1s way better than all and no one complain me about heating issues ever :)
Okay, thanks for that. Guess I got a less-than-optimum piece, :(.

IMO the best miui version is v37 , all the versions released after the 37 have got very high battery draining problem. V37 easily gives 5+ hrs screen on while the v41 barely gives 3hrs.
For me, be it battery life or heating or available ram, the experience has been largely the same moving from one version to the next. What I find a bit odd is that with every update, different 1s owners have different experiences. For instance, with v45 a lot of the users say their phone has stopped heating up while another section sees no real change. Makes me wonder if there is a particular batch which has issues.

For me, be it battery life or heating or available ram, the experience has been largely the same moving from one version to the next. What I find a bit odd is that with every update, different 1s owners have different experiences. For instance, with v45 a lot of the users say their phone has stopped heating up while another section sees no real change. Makes me wonder if there is a particular batch which has issues.
For ram management, you could try using an app called "Greenify". It would help you with some free space while Xiaomi gets it right in future updates. Regarding the other issues its mostly concerned with how well the software is being developed. Just check for feedback about Mokee rom on xda or miui forum, it claims to offer the best battery life viz-a viz performance. So your device might not be entirely at fault, software is equally responsible for poor performance.

Lost my phone and picked up a redmi the next day. Using it with the latest update since the last 10 days. I dont play games but use google maps a lot and i dont have any heating issues. I find the call clarity poor when compared to my sony. But then this is a 6k phone so no complains....

Thanks for your feedback guys.

For ram management, you could try using an app called "Greenify". It would help you with some free space while Xiaomi gets it right in future updates. Regarding the other issues its mostly concerned with how well the software is being developed. Just check for feedback about Mokee rom on xda or miui forum, it claims to offer the best battery life viz-a viz performance. So your device might not be entirely at fault, software is equally responsible for poor performance.
Yes, I'm toying with the idea of installing a custom rom to check what's the root cause of the heating. Have just cleared the cache manually to see if it makes a difference. I do like Miui & which is why I'm keen on persisting with it.

I agree that the software is responsible for most issues on 1s handsets. Given that, however, I find it strange that with every update, different 1s owners have different experiences.

Lost my phone and picked up a redmi the next day. Using it with the latest update since the last 10 days. I dont play games but use google maps a lot and i dont have any heating issues. I find the call clarity poor when compared to my sony. But then this is a 6k phone so no complains....
Call quality is fine for me, coming from a buttonwallah Nokia 5130c. Heating for me is while using the camera & general web browsing which is unacceptable. I can understand if 3d gaming can lead to heat build-up.

@daredevil please check pm![DOUBLEPOST=1416302140][/DOUBLEPOST]placed an order for the redmi! thanx once again to the massive help by the one and only @Dare Devil !!!thanx mate -you are one of a kind!:)

Last edited:
Back