Android Xolo Q800 display panel defective?

arunlakra15

Disciple
Hi, I bought a Xolo Q800 from Delhi recently. After a day of usage, I discovered that the display panel is shifted a bit. There's a very narrow gap at the right edge of panel and when I tilt the phone bit, I see a glare at the right edge. Does it warrant a replacement? What do I need to do to fix this or shall I send the phone for servicing?

I've attached a pic for that glare effect.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_oyC0SEfUVuMzhKN21tRW0zNGs/edit?usp=sharing

The problem mate is that Xolo doesn't have any service, it's like buying without warranty.

They do not acknowledge anything, will take a photo will re flash the rom and return it.

Too bad.. I'll try to contact them nonetheless. I'll upload a pic once I get access to a computer. I just couldn't get to upload a pic through the phone.[DOUBLEPOST=1369983288][/DOUBLEPOST]Sry, the pic was not share-able. The pic can now be viewed by everyone.

chinese is chinese dude! though the market is full of the so called good smartphone such canvas, xolo's, ninja's there is the bitter truth that these are nothing but chinese rebranded crap and till its running fine then its good, the moment it starts giving problems then its doomed cause you have to keep running to the service centre again again they will just give you date and on that date they will give you another date and on and on..... and there is still a very big chance that some sort of problem will occur again because once a mobile gets infected it never comes off and ultimately at some point of time your warranty expires and you have to throw the phone in the dustbin(source- personal experience) so better buy a used htc or sony phone off ebay rather than using these as they have much much longer life and better build quality(source- personal experience)

Yeah, true.. I'll use it as long as I can till it dies. However, besides the glare which appears when tilted, there are no other problems for now. I guess, I'm also a victim of purchasing unbranded smart phones. I'll only rely on branded products as of now.

chinese is chinese dude! though the market is full of the so called good smartphone such canvas, xolo's, ninja's there is the bitter truth that these are nothing but chinese rebranded crap and till its running fine then its good, the moment it starts giving problems then its doomed cause you have to keep running to the service centre again again they will just give you date and on that date they will give you another date and on and on..... and there is still a very big chance that some sort of problem will occur again because once a mobile gets infected it never comes off and ultimately at some point of time your warranty expires and you have to throw the phone in the dustbin(source- personal experience) so better buy a used htc or sony phone off ebay rather than using these as they have much much longer life and better build quality(source- personal experience)
Mate all phones are Chinese.

So yes. Chinese is Chinese.

Samsung is Chinese.
Sony is Chinese.
Apple is Chinese.

LG isn't.

yes but they are chinese because in china labour is very cheap in comparision to any other country also the government of china gives huge tax discounts and offers to MNC's to attract investment(unlike our country which is full of scams and scandals and i feel very bad for my great country), not just mobile phones dude but every electronic is chinese, You will be amazed if you notice carefully then you will how deep roots china has in every countries economy, infact not just electronics but even things like furniture(u must have heard about IKEA) my fridge compressor is also chinese, my tv, my home theater, my gfx card, my proccy, my mobo, my ram, my keyboard, my mouse, my mobile, my memory card, my pendrive, CFL bulb(kits made in china) and lot and lot of things we can't even imagine, nowadays chinese soaps are also available, china is killing our home industry our economy and they have already took our land Near Kashmir they have made thier bases 11kms inside the indian boundary and we are just sitting, god knows when our gov. will wake up, As far as sony and htc are concerned they have certain quality inspection and guidelines which chinese OEM manufacturer follows very well, Motorola is best in terms of build quality(i own atrix 2) because they are the only manufacturer who follows 'Six Sigma' or 'Sigma Six' its an extreme quality check it states 1 defect for per 3 million products i.e 99.9990% products will be defect free, for more info on Sigma Six just google it. @prateekS

Last edited by a moderator:
Videocon Android Mobile, micromax is also very bad as my friend is having lot of troubles with it.

You are a very sentimental fella, aren't you?

@OP shit happens, and it is certainly true that buying a second hand phone from a reputed brand is a safer bet than MMX etc.. there is a reason why the latter are so cheap..!

Try the XOLO tech phone support, they may be of some help.. best of luck..

Back