Audio Xonar D2X and Z5500

santoshdhn

Disciple
Hi Friends,

I bought Z5500 way back in 2007 at Rs 24,000 and its 05 years now since purchase. Till now I was using onboard sound through optical and it was serving good for me.

When I purchased Z5500 I was thinking of also purchasing a good sound card, but due to budget constraints I was unable to do so.

But, Thank God, lastly this year I purchased Asus Xonar D2X online from PRIMEABGB at Rs 8250 and I must say that PRIMEABGB’s service is awesome, I received my soundcard in less than 48 hours. Their service is really fast. I would like to shop again from them.

Now the real testing, after plugging in the soundcard I was just amazed with the performance, it was mind blowing. Everything be it music, movies or games everything sounded awesome.

So my final personal take on Z5500 and Asus Xonar D2X is as following:

Logitech Z5500

Music : 4/5

Movies: 5/5

Games : 5/5

Asus Xonar D2X

Music : 5/5

Movies: 5/5

Games : 4/5

Have you plugged the speakers to the D2X using the digital out? And you found that to be different when using the speakers via the motherboard's onboard optical out?

My previous MB Intel DG965WH that contain optical out has burnt and now I am using a new plain vanilla Intel DG41 MB which has no optical out, this also helped me in purchasing a new sound card.

You did not answer my query. How have you connected the speakers to the D2X now? Via the digital out or TRS analog jacks?

I have connected to both analog and digital.

While listening music I prefer analog and while playing DVD's I prefer digital with DTS Connect option and I assure that its much better than motherboard's digital output, no comparison at all.

People say that sound quality through digital optical connection on Motherboard and Dedicated Soundcard is same on z5500, as in both the cases z5500 DAC is being used.

Then how I am getting better sound through Xonar D2X optical out.

Back