Audio xonar dx sound problem

all xonardx users please give me an answer
when I increase the speaker volume in the mixer and if I use the equalizer at the same time then the volume is flickering, this also happens when using dsp mode and mixer same time, but this not happen when turning on the svn mode, is it a complaint
advanced thanks for all replies

just verify if the power cable is connected properly to the sound card(4 pin i guess), previously many users have reported same type of issues when the Power cable was not connected properly.

check the slot, Clean it, Power it (preferably directly from PSU) and then turn it ON. Its all fine...thatz where i got the hit too once.

ebro

I have the similar issue... although, it happens sometimes and not always. Regardless what settings I tinker with, sometimes the volume flickers while playing movies. I've connected Xonar DX to my receiver with Optical cable. Even I thought that it could be the issue with power connector but I had checked that twice and it doesn't seem to be the problem. Besides, it doesn't happen always... only sometimes.

^Are you talking of your HTPC setup Yogi? When your Gigabyte board offers an optical out, why did you bother with the DX? Just curious.

@Gannu: Yeah my HTPC setup... Well, the mobo does offer Optical out... but my Xonar was lying around unused, so I though I might as well put it in the HTPC. Now I'm not sure what to do if the problem doesn't get solved. In the end, I guess I'll switch to mobo's output if nothing resolves. I'm not sure if this is hardware issue or driver issue, but overall I'm very disappointed in Xonar drivers.

@iGo are you using windows7 may be your card is also a defected piece I connected my friend's xonardx with my pc and there is no problem so it is due to the card and parts of the xonardx manufactured by nec japan is now axiom by china so the quality is not very good now

^ Yes. It's on Windows 7. I didn't have any such problem with Xonar when I was using it in my desktop. At first I though it could be the problem with XBMC, but then I noticed that the sound on/off issue happens also while playing in MPC-HC and Windows Media Player. As I stated earlier it doesn't happen always, once in a while. The sound goes off for a microsecond or so, and it happens randomly at the interval of 5-15 seconds. So the micro-mute may happen once, then again anytime between 5-15 seconds. I think I'll investigate more on this, this weekend and decide if I wanna keep it or switch back to onboard audio.

iGo said:
@Gannu: Yeah my HTPC setup... Well, the mobo does offer Optical out... but my Xonar was lying around unused, so I though I might as well put it in the HTPC. Now I'm not sure what to do if the problem doesn't get solved. In the end, I guess I'll switch to mobo's output if nothing resolves. I'm not sure if this is hardware issue or driver issue, but overall I'm very disappointed in Xonar drivers.
I recall as to not having any such issues with my DX when I used to have it before. I had downloaded the drivers off Asus' website itself - perhaps a more recent driver could fix it. I recall that the power cable used to be very loose and sometimes refused to power the card if the cable was shaken. This seems to be more prominent with the Corsair HX620 power supply though. And hey, there's no difference in the SQ if you were to use the optical-out on your motherboard since the signal is digital, so switch to that and get rid of the DX.

^ Who ordered Edifier S550? Not me at least.. :)

@Gannu: Yeh, I think the flaky power cable could be the issue... because the drivers are latest. I am using Corsair CX400 in my HTPC. Anyways, I think I'll chuck that DX and go onboard only. If nothing else at least it'll be little power saving. :p

Hey , this is the issue with the latest drivers , downgrade to a older version if you are facing such flickering or popping noises , i faced it before when i upgraded to a newer version of drivers .

Damn. Just got a new DX and I have continuous static/crackling noise from it. Happens on Linux and Win7. Tried suggestions above (power, cleaning etc), will try downgrading Win7 driver though I doubt its the problem.

Looks like I'll need to get a replacement here too :( I hope it isnt a problem with my motherboard/BIOS.

My problem is little bit different its only due to the hardware problem I tried it with windows xp,windows 7 and also tried it with another 3 pc's and the problem is same then I connected my friend's xonar dx to my pc and it works perfect and I sent mine for replacement

Back