Audio xonar dx sound problem

yea thats why i just blindly bought the card (multiple people/posts saying the same) too bad it appears to be DOA so waiting for a replacement.

I dont think it's an outstanding product I have an xfi extreme gamer which is great and the drivers are superb comes with three modes *(game,entertainment,audiocreation), thx control panel and lots more but this has only a driver having 32mb size and simple interface and not as powerful as xfi xtreme gamer but I can't say a strong verdict because my dx is a defected unit lets see after the replacement but I have no big expectations now

manu george said:
I dont think it's an outstanding product I have an xfi extreme gamer which is great and the drivers are superb comes with three modes *(game,entertainment,audiocreation), thx control panel and lots more but this has only a driver having 32mb size and simple interface and not as powerful as xfi xtreme gamer but I can't say a strong verdict because my dx is a defected unit lets see after the replacement but I have no big expectations now
Learn to use the full stop/period wherever necessary. :\

^ Well... I had enough with Xonar DX and it's erratic and unpredictable behavior. Last night I disabled it and change the cables to optical output on my mobo and I haven't had any issues since then. No more pops, clicks or any flickering/muting issues running even Dolby TrueHD samples at highest bitrate, even the popping issues while running DTS multi-channel sources are gone.

Screw you Asus for ruining such a nice product with simply mediocre drivers... and while I'm at it, please shoot the guy who design those "supposedly modern and space-age like UIs" on your applications and utilities.

Expect a FS thread on my Xonar DX sometime soon. :p

the strangest thing that happened with this card is that the stereo channels were reversed

didn't find any settings on windows media player for such a setting.

since there are no window control panel or xonar dx control panel setting to reverse audio channel it was really baffling.

ultimately it boiled down to using the reset button on the xonar dx audio center mixer and rest was history.

iGo said:
^ Well... I had enough with Xonar DX and it's erratic and unpredictable behavior. Last night I disabled it and change the cables to optical output on my mobo and I haven't had any issues since then. No more pops, clicks or any flickering/muting issues running even Dolby TrueHD samples at highest bitrate, even the popping issues while running DTS multi-channel sources are gone.
LOL I told ya! :bleh:

got a new xonar dx as replacement... sound is fine now, and better than onboard (but only just) - will post a few details in my audio thread...

Those who are still having problems with their Xonar DX cards, can try these drivers : ASUS XONAR Unified Drivers 1.11 & ASIO 1.0 patch (post periodically updated) « brainbit | Unified Xonar Drivers

The issue it rectify sounds very similar to the problems I had and been reading others had too. So try these out and write back if this fixes anything. Since I still haven't removed the card from my system, I'll be trying these drivers (hopefully) soon so I'll see if it makes any difference. If not, then it's slated for FS sale anyway. :p

Back