Xperia S Vs Samsung Galaxy SII

Im fine with dealer warranty but manufacturer warranty is much much safer and less riskier! Camera wise, sony is better but performance wise sII is much better and has a much better developer support. But yeah, xperia s has been added to the Android Open Source Project... Tell me this, which one has a better screen?

The Xperia has a PPI of 345 while the s has 217. That's a big difference right? Im sure colour reproduction and blacks are much better on the Super AMOLED+. Black levels will be killer because pixels are turned off!! But its the sharpness that concerns me! :O

Oh please !!
GS2 screen better than Xperia S ? Yes, in your dreams .

Xperia S has better screen than even the GS3 and One X when viewed head on. And the difference is quite staggering when you compare all the 3 side by side. If you can't do that then just watch such comparison videos on Youtube and read what the people who made those comparisons have to say about the Xperia S screen.
I have, on numerous occasions compared my Xperia S screen with GS3 and One X and let me tell you in real life the difference is even more pronounced than what you can make out in the videos below. Though as far as black levels go, no doubt the GS2 beats the Xperia S and also viewing angles. But then not everything you see will be a black screen and how many hours are you gonna look at the screen from an extreme angle ? I do wish my phone had black levels like the GS2 but whenever I watch a 1080p video on it, I forget about the black levels and just fall in love with the screen. On those rare occasions when you see a lot of black and you are in a dark room its fun to see the Galaxy S2 screen go pitch black but 95% of the time it doesn't even come close to giving you the WOW factor Xperia S delivers on most content. It's dull, almost lifeless in comparison to the XS when it comes to anything other than blacks.

And check Igyaan Xperia S video review. He has mentioned it has the best screen of any phone on the market today and that includes the Htc One X. Also check out GS3 hands on, he compared the GS3 screen with Xperia S and noted how much more vibrant and sharp the XS screen is.

And also who said performance is much better on GSII ???? Have you used an XS personally? If not then please refrain from posting such comments. A lot of people have upgraded from the GS2 to Xperia S and they do not feel so. Some feel XS is better, and some feel GS2 is lil faster.

Also check out benchmark scores, Xperia S beats GS2 in many benchmarks.

It's no fluke that the Xperia S is the No.3 best selling phone Globally today after the Iphone 4/4S and Galaxy S3. And trust me, most of the sales are due to the screen alone.

Having used a friend's Xperia S, I am really impressed by the overall package. If benchmark numbers and technical specs are what you are after, then the Galaxy SIII beats it hands down. But I feel the XS is a tighter package with an excellent screen, a great camera and at a cheaper price. ICS is officially out and although it does come with a fair share of bloatware, none of them are actually annoying. And there is an experiment by the official Android maintainers to bring AOSP to the XS, so if it works, Google might roll out future Android updates as soon as they are available :)

Xperia S definitely has a better screen of the two. If you are not too much into Custom ROMs, then I would suggest you get Xperia S. The only plus on Galaxy SII's side is it's vast community support.

I'd Suggest XS and the seller's rating for SGS2 is not so good even though you are getting Manu.warranty, so choose wisely, XS has the best camera and screen compared to any android in the market today...

Alright thanks guys! And developer support is bound to increase due to AOSP. And Xperia Mint and Huyabusa will be announced this 29 in a sony event I think... And both of them come with s4 chipsets with kraits, and the one s is actually faster than the quad exynos in the s3 and even the quad tegra 3 chipset in the one x in most benchmarks and by a fair margin too!! So how do you think they'll be priced? And would it be worth waiting for them?

With Xperia S being nexus-ized by Google as an experiment, I'd say Xperia S over Galaxy S2 should now come as a no-brainer. Moreover, the HD screen of Xperia S is better than the S-AMOLED display of S2. Only the pitch black levels and the viewing angles of S2 are superior. Everywhere else, SXS is better.

Posting here as I have a similar confusion between Xperia S and Google Nexus.

I have been using Moto Atrix 2 for the last 4 months or so. Its a good phone with nice OOB experience. However I miss the custom ROM experience which I had enjoyed with LG O2x. So wondering whether to go for Xperia S or Nexus. Xperia S came into the picture once the news came out about Google AOSP experiment and it might get vanilla OS support.

Pluses for Nexus for me
1. Royal droid
2. Fastest update cycles
3. Awesome 4.65" screen

Negatives
1. No microSD card (maybe I9260 will have)
2. No FM (duh)
3. 5 Mp snapper (I do take a lot of pics with phone, though A2 is not top notch, still produces decent enough pics)

Pluses of XS
1. 12 Mp snapper
2. FM radio
3. 720p screen
4. Optional support with regards to AOSP ROMs (CM mods already available)
5. 4.3" screen - have medium sized hands, found S3, OneX to be quite big and Nexus to be borderline.

Negatives
1. Micro SIM :(
2. No SD slot, but comes with 32 GB which is fine for me

I use the phone mainly for music/FM, twitter updates, browsing/news, mails, some games such as Shine Runner, Temple run etc, P&S cam & camcoder. Also wanted to know if its ok to buy from ebay with only seller warranty (XS)? Among the two which one would be better?

Cheers..

^
IF you want to play around with a LOT of Custom ROMS then definitely get the Galaxy Nexus. Xperia S does have a few Custom ROMS and many will come when JB is released but I wouldn't expect the number to be anywhere as much as for the Galaxy Nexus.

But otherwise XS is more powerful and has better audio quality, camera and screen.

And buying any phone with seller warranty is NOT recommended.

Back